Insp C v ShAbbey

Inspector_Clouseau
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just started my claim with ShAbbey I initially request my previous statements in a phone call too which I was told no problem but there will be a charge for each one!!! no thanks I said. I think this was trying to put me off any way I read this board and sent by £10 in July eventually got a few statements and later a letter saying that's all in can have hmmm!!.

Read a little more here and sent a reply that I wanted the microfiched statements also, heard nothing for ages until yesterday when a large enveloped arrived with details going back to 2002 when I started with ShAbbey.

I totaled up the charges which amounts to £910 :o so now ready to sent letter asking for refund, I will let you know how I get on...

Insp C

Abbey - £1100 - Court 18/05/07 - Won in Full 12/05/07

First Direct - Next (pending as 6+ years)

MBNA - PPI charges - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Started 10/05/07

Hi,

Read a little more here and sent a reply that I wanted the microfiched statements also, heard nothing for ages until yesterday when a large enveloped arrived with details going back to 2002 when I started with ShAbbey.

Insp C

My envelop arrived on Friday (24/11/06) and I was curious if yours showed your balance? I had one statement microfiched statement back in July which showed the balance but all 90 pages (!) of microfiched statements that arrived on Friday did not! Also, the first month and a half were missing...am trying to decide if it is worth the effort required to chase them up on these points!

shABBEY Acc 1: SAR sent 25/04/06; Microfiche Fob Off Letter rec'd 03/06/06;DPA disclosure request sent 09/06/06; 2nd Microfische Fob Off Letter rec'd 12/06/06; LBA sent 02/11/06; Almost complete statements rec'd by 24/11/06!

shABBEY Acc 2: SAR sent 02/11/06; 12 months of statements plus re-worded microfiche letter rec'd 15/11/06;

Hi MFaulkner,

The envelope contained copies of the microfiche statements with every transaction since I opened the account back in 2002 showing the date, tranaction and amount. I had to go through all the pages looking for charges took a while but well worth it. No running balance was shown just the amount of the transaction like

xx/xx/06 Unpaid direct debit -£32.00

xx/xx/06 Cheque 0000111 -£10.00

xx/xx/06 Statement 99 produced

xx/xx/06 ATM cash -£20.00

and so on...

I had one month missing decided not to chase it not worth the time it would take to find it.

Insp C

Hi MFaulkner,

The envelope contained copies of the microfich statements with every transaction since I open the account back in 2002 showing the date, tranaction and amount...I had one month missing decided not to chase it now worth the time it would take to find it.

Insp C

Interesting...this is the same as the bulk lot I got. The one I got in the summer showed

xx/xx/06 cleared transaction CHG -20.00 -1098.00 xx/xx/06 then a code

I suppose in the scheme of things it doesn't matter but it makes you wonder (even more!) about how rubbish one organisation can get when they can't even manage to print something properly:rolleyes: !

Can't decide on chasing the bank...I may do it as if there are any charges for that month and a half it may well be worth it...hmmm.

Good luck with yours!:)

shABBEY Acc 1: SAR sent 25/04/06; Microfiche Fob Off Letter rec'd 03/06/06;DPA disclosure request sent 09/06/06; 2nd Microfische Fob Off Letter rec'd 12/06/06; LBA sent 02/11/06; Almost complete statements rec'd by 24/11/06!

shABBEY Acc 2: SAR sent 02/11/06; 12 months of statements plus re-worded microfiche letter rec'd 15/11/06;

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Well I've sent of my claim to shAbbey and have just received a reply to settle my claim of over £900 with £150 payment (hmmm!! I have to think on this) thats enough thinking it'll be a NO thanks. I'll wait until the new year to submit another nice letter and hope they have a rethink.

Until then have a good Christmas.

Insp C

• 4 weeks later...

Well Christmas has come and gone for another year and I have just received a lovely letter from ShAbbey saying that they will not refund my charges, that I have already been refunded some as a gesture of goodwill and thats it no more!!.:-(

I have held off long enough so 1st thing Monday morning I will file my claim at the local county court and will await ShAbbey's reply, oh! I haven't charged them any interest but I think I'll might as well so 8% seems fair enough which will take it nicely over the grand.;)

I will let you know who I get on over the next few days.

One other thing is there anyone else in N.Ireland also thinking about ShAbbey to court, if so let me know

Cheers,

Insp C

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Glad to he there are other people in NI having the same diffs with ShAbbey.I had no bother getting the statements and my total claim is 3500. I sent the letter asking for refund 15/3/07 then received the usual letter saying they would investigate but it may take 8 weeks.I suppose I should be sending a secong letter advising of my intention to go small claims but I am worried as the limit in NI is £2k.Any advice?

Good luck with your claim Insp.C

Hi Kidneydog,

I am now at the stage where I have been given my NI court date of the 2nd May, the NI Court service could not have been more helpful although they did point out that Shabbey was had an english address but it was not a problem so fingers crossed and only 28 days to go. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Got a standard letter today from Arthur Cox in Belfast defending Abbey policy blah blah. Abbey replied by the cut off date of the 02/05/07 any ideas what I should do now?

Should I contact Abbey and tell them 'see you in court' (always wanted to say that, lol) or sit tight and wait for the the court date

I notice that the letter shows my claim as £977 but my total including intrest at 8% is £1117, should I update the court papers or leave alone?

Insp C

I wonder if Abeey and all the others are waiting for the outcome of Tom Brennans case against the Natwest?I received another letter stating it would take at least a further 4 weeks for Abbey to investigate my complaint a week after I wrote a letter informing them that I was going ot take them to court.I have decided to try and use my daughters address in England for the courts.Dont know what to advise about the court papers but GOOD LUCK!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just 8 days left for my court date of the 18/05/07 and I am actually looking forward to it. I have spoken to the ShAbbey legal team to give them one last chance to settle out of court but all I got was Oh! we don't seem to have a case on your account, it will take 7 to 8 weeks to set it up, never mind I said my court date will be well before then.

So they can't say I didn't give them a chance so as I say all set-up now with parachute account, direct debits changed and folder to hand... wish me luck ;)

Best of luck but don't be surprised if there is a development before the court date!

Oh dear! abbey seems to be struggling with the sheer volume of claims to the point where they can't even find claimant's details!

• Haha 1

Well, well, well I have just checked by bank account after receiving a call some the Shabbey solicitors and hey presto I have been given back my charges + court fees + 8% interest.

Donation to CAG to follow for all their help which I could not have done without, I'd also like to thank YOU!! for your support, advise and keeping my spirits up.

One last thing if I can be of any help to anyone please please PM me and I will be happy to assist you.

Thanks again to all

Insp C :D