Intrum/beever PAPLOC - first direct [HSBC] Managed loan [card debt rolled into OD} **SUCCESS**

BillyBobBobson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Looking for a lil advice here if possible.

Back in 2015, I had a First Direct, bank account and credit card.

got into financial difficulty and was making minimum token payments on the card and overdraft.

Out of the blue and without any warning, at the back end of 2015 my debit card and internet banking logins stopped working.

I was left stranded 50 miles from home and had to call up my sister to pick me up.

When I contacted First Direct they advised that they have closed my accounts and that further details would follow in a letter, refused to elaborate further over the phone.

A few weeks later, I received a letter from First Direct, which was simply a credit card statement, that has one only transaction "PAYMENT - THANK YOU" for the full balance and the credit limit reduced to £0. No further letters from First Direct at all since then.

I called up First direct again, only to be told again, the accounts are closed and further details will follow in a letter, but none arrived.

In the following months I received a few letters from Moorcroft Debt Recovery, for the value of the overdraft + credit card balance lumped together.

Granted, I did bury my head in the sand at the time and forgot about it,

until December 2016, a year later, when I received a letter from 1st Credit, advising that the account had been sold to them.

So, since that time, I've been back and forward with Intrum, trying to get more info.

Feb 2017, requested formally further information from 1st Credit. No response received.

Sept 2017, I made a CCA agreement to 1st Credit (was renamed to Intrum in 2018). NOTHING for 9 months, until July 2018, they eventually sent a faded copy of the agreement, nothing else.

So after another ignored letter in August, come November 2018 I served a SAR on both First Direct and Intrum.

Both replied sending statements etc.

Blank badly photocopied agreements...

However, NO DEFAULT NOTICE and no further details as to why they closed the account.

The statements simply shows "PAYMENT - THANK YOU" and zero balances.

I further pushed Intrum to supply default notices, obviously it was never received, and they confirmed a few months ago that they couldn't provide one, only a template "formal demand" letter

Now, today, I received a LBA from Moon Beever, their solicitors, advising they intend on filing an application to the courts.

Where do I stand here.

First Direct never defaulted me nor have they ever provided any form of correspondence explaining why they closed the accounts so abruptly.

Is it lawful for them to put an overdraft and a credit card debt together into the same debt and try to enforce it?

Thanks,

Billybob

I suspect you are suffering from ye ole HSBC managed loan syndrome.

typically they took all your debts , turned then into a fictitious loan

then dumped that into your bank account 

giving huge OD that you never asked for and HSBC never gave you.

easy to defend thankfully in most cases.

can we confirm this PAP LOC is for the OD @ £1000's or the credit card?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It looks like they've lumped the credit card into the current account and then closed it. But Intrum dont refer to it as an OD, or CC in any way. They just simply say "account" (?)

The last statement for the credit card, simply shows "PAYMENT - THANK YOU" for the total balance which was ~£1300.

The last current account statement shows a payment to the CC account for the balance on the same day. Then immediately after "TRF TO HSBS RS" payment (OD + CC Balance).

Edited by BillyBobBobson

so no account number on the PAP LOC?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

devil is in the detail eh?

so follow this:

and they

• 2 weeks later...

So, I sent the completed form directly to Moon Beever on the 11th with proof of delivery, however as yet still havent had any response or acknowlegement. 

Would it be worthwhile giving them a call to confirm they received it, or should I sit on my hands?

Cheers

Yours is not the next move

And no matter the reason

You never ring a powerless dca nor their dogs

and they

Success. Letter received this morning;

”We refer to your recent request for documentation under section 77-79 of the consumer credit act. We have contacted the original creditor, HSBC Bank plc and they have confirmed that they are currently unable to provide this documentation.”

Goes on to say they accept they are not permitted to take enforcement action and the account is placed on hold indefinitely until such a time that HSBC can provide the documents. They do offer me a discount tho 😂 

Thanks for your help, is very muchly appreciated

• dx100uk changed the title to Intrum/beever PAPLOC - first direct [HSBC] Managed loan [card debt rolled into OD} **SUCCESS**