• Tweets

• I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
    • quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
    • Hungary is attempting to be a world power in manufacturing electric vehicle batteries, despite locals' reservations.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CPP/PE ANPR PCN - University Hospital Car Park Coventry **CANC'D After MP Got involved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 20:13, Hannay100 said:

Thank you HB, and I will certainly take up your suggestion on the next occasion - which regrettably I am sure will not be a long way off.

Kind regards

HH

Just in case something similar happens again, I would suggest using a mobile 'phone to video the terminal as you try in vain to input your reg no., particularly the display "Not recognised" or whatever it says.

If this is a new parking regime it is more than possible that PALS have not had to deal with this sort of problem previously and don't understand that the trust ought to be able to override it.  I'd try to speak to them again, and explain tactfully, that the parking company are agents of the trust and the trust can tell them to cancel it.  (I used to work in the NHS and PALS can be good at what they know about - not so good at what they don't.)

Chase up any complaints you've already made.  Personally I wouldn't use registered/recorded, just first class with proof of postage from a post office.  This is legally presumed to be delivered two days later unless the recipient can prove otherwise - not easy for them to do.

I would also try to contact the trust's Estates & Facilities Dept. as they are probably the people who manage the parking company's activities and may already have dealt with similar problems.  See if you can find contact details on the trust's website.  (E&F depts. usually have well tried procedures for complaints and queries etc)

• Like 1

In any follow up you make I might be inclined to point out indirectly how disappointing it is that the trust's reputation locally could be damaged by bad PR resulting from their failure to reasonably control the activities of their parking contractor.  When members of the public are affected by this sort of equipment failure, it's not the parking contractor that the public perceives as the problem, but the hospital for appointing that contractor.  The local press (and MP) always like a good human interest story to bash the local hospital with. 

Not sure how you'd word it but you get the gist - you just don't want to be seen to be threatening them!

As a sweetener, you could suggest to them that your predicament gives them an opportunity for improvement.  You won't be the first (or the last) person to be leaving the car park at 5am.  The trust should ensure that there are adequate procedures in place in the event of APNR failure to ensure that you don't have to leave the car park not knowing whether you are going to get an invoice or not.  Notices and 'phone numbers at the pay terminals, better staff training, telling the parking company what is, and is not, expected of them.

(PS - at my trust, action was always taken at the slightest hint of a complaint going to the local MP).

Not advice - just suggestions for your consideration.  I'm not qualified as to how you should approach the parking company.

BTW - similar system recently introduced at our local Sainsburys.  A couple of months ago I left without validating my reg no. (my error) but otherwise complied with the T&Cs.  Sainsburys wouldn't help (it was a new system and mine was one of the first queries and they didn't know what to do!).  I was prepared to receive and challenge any parking invoice but was pleasantly surprised to receive only a warning letter notifying me of the infraction and asking me not to do it again!

• Like 1

Just looked at their website - not obvious where E&F is - may be contracted out. 

Also not obvious where you send complaints to - although it says you should get an acknowledgement within three days with a 'phone number to discuss it with if you want to - see Complaints FAQ.   (EDIT: Sorry there is an address:  https://www.uhcw.nhs.uk/contact-us/did-we-get-it-right/

I see their values include Compassion, Improve, Learn and Respect...   I don't think you can separate the experience of relatives from that of patients.  (It seems to be implied that you need to be a patient to complain).

Good luck

PS - there must be an admin dept that deals with parking.  Have you tried ringing the main switchboard and asking?  (Sorry if you've already covered that above).

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to CPP/PE ANPR PCN - University Hospital Car Park Coventry **CANC'D After MP Got involved**

Oh well done!  Ten out of ten for perseverance!

I don't know if I mentioned it on this thread or another one, but an enquiry from the local MP almost always guarantees immediate action.  (Unfair, I know, but you have the proof how effective it can be). 

• Like 1

If you are a nice person (I'm sure you are) I'd take this opportunity to point out to the trust that this presents them with a learning opportunity to put better processes and training in place.

But if you wanted to put the boot in...(1) I'd tell them it's totally unacceptable that management ignored your complaint until you involved your MP, and (2) how are they going to set about ensuring that all the other wrongfully issued tickets that early morning will be cancelled?  That second point is the sort of thing your local rag would love to know about!

But you're a nicer person than I am...

I'll leave it up to you to decide!