• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

UKCPS ANPR PCN - Bristol Abbeywood

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1811 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is myfirst post

This is a verysimilar situation to another on this site from mechsman on 4/10/17 so I assume a lot ofthe advice there will apply to me.

I have not received a Notice to Keeper and this notification letter(attached) is the first I have heard of it.

Details in redas per other posts:

For PNC's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answerthe following questions.

1 Date of theinfringement >Allegedly22 December 2018

2 Date on theNTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] > No NTK received; this is thenotification letter and dated 28 January 2019

3 Date received >29January 2019

4 Does the NTKmention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] >Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? >None provided or mentioned, butI'm assuming they must have entry/exit pictures from ANPR?

6 Have youappealed? {y/n?] post up you appeal] >No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is theparking company? >UKCPS

8. Where exactly[carpark name and town] Bristol Abbeywood

For eitheroption, does it say which appeals body they operate under. >

It says there is no chance toappeal as it is beyond the 21 day period.

I never received the NTK they claimwas sent. It mentions the IPC under complaints section.

There are twoofficial bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, >please check HERE

If you havereceived any other correspondence, please mention it here: None

I am minded towrite and complain that I have not had the original NTK so:

• hadno chance to pay at a reduced amount.
  • Donot know the time of entry so unsure if/how long the time period was exceeded
  • Wasnot the driver (my wife was)

They are sayingpayment is due 14 days of this notice, so 11 February which doesn't give memuch time to talk to them (no email address so only phone or letter).

The previousexample with this company advice was do not respond and they will give up. Thisseems to have been the case and he had stopped getting letters 7 months lateralthough no further updates since to know whether this is still the case.

I would appreciate advice on what to do please.

Many thanks.

Apologises for the font/spacing. I tried posting a couple of times and it got rejected so I copied a post in from Word rather than type all again and the formatting has gone astray.

UKCPS 28Jan2019 redacted_Redacted.pdf

Thanks for that.

I guess it is possible the Royal Mail failed to deliver as it would have been in the Christmas buildup but I am certain we never received anything. You would think that they would send the NTK recorded delivery if they were serious about things.

How much are they saying you overstayed by?

I don't know as the Notice only has the exit time. Presumably the NTK would have given the entry time and photos but of course I haven't had that.

Thanks for the reply. It is reassuring to hear how dodgy they all are.

The signs on site are pretty small and you cannot read them from your car. There are plenty dotted around the site and luckily Google has Streetviewed the whole car park!

I went back and took a photo of one of the signs. They all seem to be the same, but I didn't get a picture of the cameras as I had not seen your post unfortunately.

I don't think I can use hyperlinks yet so will put together another post with all the positions of signs and cameras.

Thank you.

Abbeywood car park sign.jpg

Edited by dx100uk

I was hoping to load photos inline so I could comment on each but it is not letting me so have had to upload as a PDF. I will reference my comments by page number.

Page 1 - This is the only camera I can see, mounted on a post on the nearside as you enter the car park (note comments on page 6 about previous camera/sign arrangement).

Page 2 - As you enter there is only one small sign on the offside of the main access road. Whilst it does have a blue "P" it doesn't really draw your attention to the fact that this is a time restricted/camera monitored car park

Page 3 - When you turn left into the car park, there are 3 signs on consecutive lamp columns. The fact that you never walk in front of them and cannot read them from your car may be a factor.

Page 4 - The aisle between the end of parking rows and the shops has 2 signs along it so it is entirely possible to walk from a parking space to the shops without passing a sign.

Page 5 - The other end only has one sign between the bays and the shops.

Page 6 - Going back in time on Google, they used to have different cameras and a nice sign highlighting that this was a time restricted car park, prominently pointing out that they had collected your number plate and telling you when you had to leave by. Presumably this either led to too many motorists complying and therefore a lack of income, or GDPR said that displaying the number plate was invading privacy(?!!)

Abbeywood Bristol - car park signs and camera.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

I have now received a 'Reminder Letter' and the cost has gone up to £130 (see attached).

The previous letter of 28/1/19 stated payment of £100 due within 14 days which would have been by 11/2/19.

This reminder has been issued on 12/2/19 and they are giving me another 14 days which takes it to 26/2/19. "Failure to pay this charge may result in enforcement action which could include County Court proceedings and which may incur additional costs'.

They also mention in Appeals, that a Notice to Keeper was sent (it wasn't) and my right of appeal has ended.

I assume it is best just to sit tight and see what happens next? No point in appealing or any other form of challenge?

Thanks

Rob.

UKCPS Reminder 12Feb2019_Redacted.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

I have just received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd dated 28/2/19.

They have upped the parking charge to £160 and say that I am liable for it. As no NTK was issued and I have not responded to say who was driving can they do that?

They also quote a Supreme Court case that upheld private parking charges. www.supremecourt.uk/cases/uksc-2015-0116.html - I have had a look but it is very long and technical and I cannot spot any salient points that would indicate whether this was similar.

Copy of the letter here:

DRP - 280219 redact.pdf

They say I have until 14/3/19 to pay or they will 'recommend to our client that they take court action against you'.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...