Emma vs A&L

emmaf01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone!

I have recently sent off my SAR for A&L. I'm already at the mcol stage with nationwide, and it has spurred me on to start the process with these guys. At least they can't threaten to close my account cos they already have!

I joined them in august 2003, set up a dd, which they took on the wrong day and bounced. So I argued, wouldn't put money into the account, they added charges until they closed the account in the december 2003. In feb 2004 I paid them £94 to go away- I was pregnant and have no other explaination for why I did it!

And now I'm (relatively) sane, I want my cash back!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ian cognito

Good luck with it Emma, not that you'll need it. They seem to be following the same process with each and every claim, unfortunately you will probably have to file a claim before they pay out, I have just pointed out to the court that they are wasting court time in each and every claim, don't know that it will do much good but at least they know!

Guest Battleaxe

Now your sanity has returned Emma, you are on the way togetting the mney back with interest. I thought I was the only person they called for DD's on the wrong day. Seems to be the standard practice.

Keep us us posted on your progress.

Onwards and Upwards

I wouldn't like to think they (ahem) "often" take dd's on the wrong day.... I mean, anyone would think they were making money out of it...

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Guest Battleaxe
I mean, anyone would think they were making money out of it...

No, they are so principled and it is us who can't manage our fiscal responsibilities and want them to line their pockets with ur hard earned cash.

Yes, if only I had had a squillion pounds permanently in my account, then an unscheduled dd withdraw wouldn't have to bounce, and I wouldn't have caused myself all these unnecessary charges- they didn't want to do it!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Guest Battleaxe

Oh Janquinny, you should have hung out with Emma and me, we would have shown you the light so wouldn't be feeling guilty now for taking that money off the poor banks,

I love giving my money to banks, they do sooo much more with it. I mean charities just help unfortunate people- now a bank invests it in arms and champagne for their fat cat shareholders.

Small point- why do they call them fat cats? I quite like cats- I'd prefer fat slugs as a derogatory term. Even gardeners don't like slugs!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

At least you'll get SOMETHING in return (apart from hassle).

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

• 3 weeks later...

Still no sign of the statements- no surprise.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

What date was your S.A.R acknowledged??

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

It hasn't been- though they've cashed the cheque I think!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Emma, my cheque was cashed, but then they denied all knowledge of recieving the subject access request (royal mail could not confirm it was delivered - geniuses, what did I pay for recorded for?). I got my data in the end through relentless phoning and nagging so it might be worth calling them to check and chase it up! I have subsequently been sending all mail by fax (as well as recorded mail). They have yet to resolve the issue of where the cheque is....

Alliance and Leicester: started 2/9/6, LBA 7/11/06.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no word from the little blighters- apart from the cashed cheque!

I'm giving them until the end of this festive season before I start raking them over hot coals. I'm too busy watching "Muppet Christmas Carol" everyday- I'll know every bloody song off by heart by 2007!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

I did give the A&L a ring. The first time I spoke to someone in Ashford who, when I explained what I wanted to know, just kept repeating that if they had cashed the cheque the statements would arrive as they had 40 days from the day they cashed the cheque. She repeated this THREE times, mantra-like, until I gave up telling her she was wrong, that it was 40 days from receiving my letter. So I hung up.

Ten minutes later I rang the same number, but got through to someone at the Liverpool office. I explained I'd already phoned once, but hadn't got the info I needed. The nice woman then told me the office I needed was shut until the 27/12, that if I phone back then they can put me straight through. Nice, helpful and didn't ignore me completely.

If anyone from Ashford answer the phone, I'm putting the phone down until I get someone from Liverpool!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Finally, someone rang me back from A&L. My statements will arrive within 7 days- apparently.

I'll believe it when I've got them!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Needless to say, they haven't arrived yet.

Oh, I am so shocked- not!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

I'm going to write the dpa non-compliance letter now. Isay write- really I'm off to the template library!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

• 1 month later...

Right- got statements through the very next day- so got my prelim off on the 5-1-07.

Then I take a while off- actually flu- followed by a toddler with an ear infection!

So, I have finally managed to do the lba - so I just need to wait for 14 days now- it gives me a chance to do my other bank charge gubbins, which I am up to N1 level now.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

• 2 weeks later...

So mcol now in. Due to various, and confusing info on contractual interest, I have put it through with the statutory interest only.

I feel it is for the best, as I need to feel confident in my arguments if, or when it gets to court!

After all, confidence is everything!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08