Emma vs A&L

emmaf01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Forgot to say- they finally sent me their standard letter "charges one", telling me to bog off, and how to manage my account better.

Nice seeing it's been closed for 3 years!

MCOL was the only response I could think of!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Claim acknowledged 21/2/07- still no word from them to me though!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

No idea as yet- but this claim is all within 6 years, with statutory interest, so I am confident!

Its is the waiting I find the most difficult bit.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Well, I rand up on thursday- just to see what was going on- and the only thing I got was a woman from the recoveries department, who has rung me for the past 3 working days, to tell me that their charges are fair, t&c, wouldn't be allowed if they were illegal.

Today was the final straw when she told me that if I wasn't happy with the charges I should write in.

On thursday I started by telling her that after correspondence (SAR, preli and lba) I was ringing to speak to the person who had acknowledged my MCOL claim- argh!

Today she (finally) listened, that I didn't want to talk to her, that the charges were illegal, that this was nothing to do with why they levied the charges originally( an direct debit taken on the wrong day, plus charges for the charges etc) AND that I wanted to speak to the legal department as this had nothing whatsoever to do with recoveries.

She finally spoke to her manager, who told her to tell me that they were refering it to the legal department- who have already acknowledged the claim anyway- pity I never got to speak to them!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Guest Battleaxe
Well, I rand up on thursday- just to see what was going on- and the only thing I got was a woman from the recoveries department, who has rung me for the past 3 working days, to tell me that their charges are fair, t&c, wouldn't be allowed if they were illegal.

Today was the final straw when she told me that if I wasn't happy with the charges I should write in.

On thursday I started by telling her that after correspondence (SAR, preli and lba) I was ringing to speak to the person who had acknowledged my MCOL claim- argh!

Today she (finally) listened, that I didn't want to talk to her, that the charges were illegal, that this was nothing to do with why they levied the charges originally( an direct debit taken on the wrong day, plus charges for the charges etc) AND that I wanted to speak to the legal department as this had nothing whatsoever to do with recoveries.

She finally spoke to her manager, who told her to tell me that they were refering it to the legal department- who have already acknowledged the claim anyway- pity I never got to speak to them!

Emma, Use the word unlawful instead of illegal, there is big difference.

Don't talk to them any more. Do it all in writing. Now you are at the MCol stage you should not be talking to them at all. Anything you say will be twisted. This why it is done in writing, as they are more cautious what they say in case it can be used against them

emmaf01

I know it is hard to sit and wait, I had my claim acknowledged today, so I know that the cheque will be winging it's way to me £4158.08 with statory interest (going up daily).

Battleaxe is right, don't talk to them. If they act to form (all other posts I have read) then they will pay. vicmar got paid 10 days after acknowledgement. So sit tight :)

I hope thats calendar days not working ones?;)

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

That means I might get a birthday present, for saturday!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

A & L acknowledged and said they are going to defend on 21/2/07!

Why is it always at this point I end up with visions of court?!

God I'm such a drama queen!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Emma I will keep my fingers crossed that you get your cheque for your birthday.

I received a rubbishy letter saying that I had to re send my charges excluding the Feb 1st charge. I wrote back and said no all details are on another post.

Still, Happy Birthday for Saturday (Same as my husband)

Thanks chain chick- and a happy birthday to your husband- I hope he's not 33 as well!

I am praying I get some response by the weekend, before I go spare, and so I can look forward to SOME sort of birthday present!

My husband is reticent to get me anything as we need a new hoover- and he won't buy me one for my birthday! He says no-one should ever get a hoover for their birthday... I have to agree- really cr*p present!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Emma chin up - my husband is 38 so you are waaaaaaaaaaay younger than him

:o Hoover for your birthday Noooooooooooo, your husband is right! Wait till the chque comes and get something that you really want or better still something that you would never ever have brought in a million years cos it was a waste of hard earned money!!!!

Bags or shoes- always my first choices!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Got a letter from A&L- they just need proof of my married name change, then they can release a cheque!

Didn't say how much the cheque was for though- still, good news!

So, I am off to my local branch, with my marriage certificate!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

I got my cheque! Paid in full! Hurray!

It's not a lot of money - but I won!

I'm off to the bank- so the cheque clears asap!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Guest Battleaxe

Wonderful Emma. It is all worth while, Now I am sure you have some other charges to go and collect.

Well, I will when it clears- but it's my birthday, and all the world got me was a lunar eclipse- okay, not the usual present, but I'm kind of happy with it!

And yes, Battleaxe, the Halifax is still on the go!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Can someone tell me how to get the title changed/moved to successes?

And I made my donation- thats the important bit!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08