Jump to content

Social media

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi, i had a non refundable deposit paid for a service that ultimately did not proceed by the client, but now they have contacted my children by private message on Facebook and told them that I owe them money. Is this permitted? Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmn! Not too sure on this but I would see it as a breach. Telling others that you owe a debt is personal information to you, not your children even though they may know already. The company could also be accused of harassment which is a criminal offence but that depends on the amount of times he has messaged you or them.



I think that a simple warning that he has breached the GDP Regulations may see him stop. This is my opinion and others may disagree so hold off till the regulars pop in but it is quite quiet at weekends.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds to me like a breach of the General Data Protection Regulation - the company does not have authority to share your personal data (such as debts owed) with family members.


It also sounds like a breach of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.


How you take that forward is more difficult. I would probably respond asking that all correspondence regarding this matter is directed to you, and indicate that you may have to make a harassment complaint to the police and/or raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office if this person continues contacting your children.




Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...