Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About Hannya

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. If you visit the eBay Seller Central forum you'll see that it's full of threads about various Packlink issues. Other sellers appear to have been fobbed off with who is responsible for any loss. Packlink say it's down to the local courier, the courier companies are saying that all claims have to be made with Packlink, as the contract is with them for their service. I personally can't see you getting anywhere with either if you didn't send it with correct insurance. Cost cutting when sending out expensive items is not a great idea. If I pay for Royal Mail second class si
  2. Just something to bear in mind - unless you listed this item during a £1 capped final value eBay fee promo you stand to lose a fair amount in eBay final value fees. If the buyer opens an item not received dispute it's always best to refund before they can escalate it (after 8 days). eBay will always find in favour of the buyer if there's no tracking number showing delivery. If its escalated to ask eBay to step in you get a defect against your account and lose your fees. You can argue the toss with Hermes at your leisure. PayPal will also find in favour of the buyer with
  3. Your biggest mistake was to offer your buyer a cheap postage option with inadequate insurance. Obviously they're going to go for the cheaper option because they're covered by both ebay's Money Back Guarantee, PayPal Buyer Protection and their card. Insurance is to protect you, the seller, and all packages should be sent by the appropriate postage method with adequate insurance, because you're the one that's going to lose out here. It's the seller's responsibility to get the item to the buyer. eBay won't reimburse you. Hermes/Packlink may reimburse you the am
  4. Not strange at all, the seller has your money and only PayPal can take it back from them, you can't. You need to contact PayPal and ascertain that they've opened the right kind of dispute, because it doesn't seem like that an item not as described dispute has been opened for this purchase. Having said that, even if you do manage to get a dispute opened for not as described, you'll be told to return the item to the seller in China by trackable means at your own expense, and packages rarely show as delivered in China even if you return International Signed For. The package usually trac
  5. Did you open the wrong type of claim? It does appear that you've opened an item not received dispute if the seller managed to win by supplying a tracking number. You needed to open an item not as described dispute. Can you clarify which was opened?
  6. I'm not aware that it breaks any law of the land or Facebook rules, I'd just advise to ignore the communications. If the sender doesn't get a response they'll stop.
  7. So your registered PayPal email is different to the 2 email addresses you used to sign up with?
  8. Can you explain how you made payment from your Paypal account using the fake email and the real one? Are they two separate payments? Is there no trace of the fake email address in your PayPal account if you made a second payment with it?
  9. Remove the SIM and take a close look at it. Does it have the phone number on it?
  10. How did you pay for the fabric? To be honest, it's likely that the company won't deal with you again anyway, so you may as well just get a full refund. Can you get a friend or relative to buy the fabric again on your behalf (and have it sent to their address, obviously).
  11. You seem more concerned about obtaining compensation over any personal damage. You'd know if you'd broken your ankle, or even sprained it, and would be sitting in A&E. It hurts. I'm not sure how you think TFL are going to identify somebody from CCTV, they don't have facial recognition software that gets matched to a name and address. I know that we live in a compensation culture, but please.
  12. Well, what I know is that you've made yourself look rather daft in the public domain and I'm sure that your co-workers will remember your FB post and regard you fondly, which all in all is nothing to be proud of whatsoever.
  13. Seriously, now you're trying to put a spin on it? What you've posted is threatening and bullying and can't be viewed any other way (except by the author). If you wanted to advise somebody to complete a defect card correctly you'd just tell them, not post a rant featuring sinister undertones in the public arena. What's done is done, it's out there now and you need to be focusing on a damage limitation exercise here and work out how to proceed, but no way would I try to come up with any excuses or accuse people of misinterpreting it, because it's a) a ridiculously daft thing to post o
  14. I don't want to speculate on this, so can provide little information. My friend who ended up in UCH in London in intensive care was told that the bacteria causing the issue was a periodontal one that had entered the blood stream. No poor dental treatment that I'm aware of. From a personal perspective, whenever I've had any kind of invasive dental treatment I've been given antibiotics to start a couple of days before treatment and to continue for a few days thereafter.
  • Create New...