Truro Bank Charges Decision reported on BBC2 - Working Lunch

johnclancy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know of a decision in Truro this morning when a claimant lost a bank charges case against Abbey (I think). Calm down, though: it wasn't about the bank charges themselves (apparently Abbey had paid up) but for £500 claimed for "distress". Apparently this aspect of case was turned down.

The Decision was reported as a 'news just in' on the daily business BBC2 show 'Working Lunch'.

Can't find any other info. Have I missed this on this site or elsewhere?

I think Workintg Lunch has a 'Listen Again' site. My computer won't allow me on such sites!

JC

not suprised it got chucked out. ruddy distress, VERY hard to prove.

My Doctor will appear in court as a credible witness to substantiate my claim for compensation.

I`ve been on Tablets since earlier this year for hypertension brought on by Abbeys actions affecting my re-mortgage application, and I have recently had my dosage doubled because of the additional stress of going through this process.

I`ve also got an Independent Financial Advisor as a credible witness to substantiate the fact that I`m now on an unfavourable interest rate because of the Abbey Default which should never have been in place.

But hey, ho - They`ve forcasted Sun for Saturday :)

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

not suprised it got chucked out. ruddy distress, VERY hard to prove.

you can listen again to it but i dont think it goes onto the site for a few hours after broadcast.

Yes, this was reported on lastnights Spotlight regional news.

In the report: The claimant already succesfully received a refund from the abbey bank for unlawfull penalty charges, However she also made a claim for distress that the charges had caused.

Sitting at the Truro county court, The district judge Found against the claimant, citting, "That as the claimant had already received a refund of charges from the Abbey bank, and that there was, as of yet ,no case law to determine that bank charges were unlawfull"

( Yes, I know. But these were the reporters words not mine.)

That the district judge found against the claimant.

The claimant was supported at court by Bob Eggerton, who said outside court. That we have at least 18 Other cases in the pipline.

FWIW

Is your doctor able to say that the only cause of stress in your life is the Abbey actions?

The reason i ask is that you need to be prepared for what is likely to happen when you bring this case and unless there is only one source of possible stress in your life its likely to be very tough on you and your family.

Abbey have a huge amount to loose if the case goes against them.

You think they have a lot to loose if the claim for charges goes through, if you win your claim for damages based on stress the unlawful charges will be but a pin prick for them in comparison or at least potentially.

Don't answer or comment back if you don't want to, just make sure you don't end up getting ripped apart in court in the mistaken belief that your doctors word will mean a lot.

Good luck whatever you do

JMHO

Glenn

My Doctor will appear in court as a credible witness to substantiate my claim for compensation.

I`ve been on Tablets since earlier this year for hypertension brought on by Abbeys actions affecting my re-mortgage application, and I have recently had my dosage doubled because of the additional stress of going through this process.

I`ve also got an Independent Financial Advisor as a credible witness to substantiate the fact that I`m now on an unfavourable interest rate because of the Abbey Default which should never have been in place.

But hey, ho - They`ve forcasted Sun for Saturday :)

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA