Abbey mind games

blackmanfamily
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: Hello all

have made first steps to reclaim monies from abbey

So far have had statements back to july 2000 and they have charged us £1175,polite request for repayment sent for this, however account was opened 1997 but no statements despite requests by telephone for this

40 day deadline up 22nd November how do i put pressure on them for the rest of the statements bearing in mind they cashed the £10 cheque....

Are they trying to delay?:confused:

:p

Try reading Puffa thread that was posted this evening. There is a section on it about Abbey and the microfiche arguement. Also there is a template that you can use. Also if they do not send you the information within the 40 days there is another letter in the templates section that you can use. Having read different peoples threads I have seen that this is definately one of their delaying tactics. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

round 2 ....

have this weekend recieved a letter from marc winder tthanking me for my complaint and telling me that they will write to us in 4 weeks to tell us what is happening..... probably planning to send us a christmas card.

:-x

and although he does not know what the solution is he hopes that it will be one we are happy with.... yes a full refund plus costs will be nice

anyone sent a letter in response to this kind of letter?

Yes stupid I know but a waste of time, you will just get a repeat of the same letter worded differently requesting a further 4 weeks to investigate your claim. Ultimatly you will get a GOGW payment. So get your LBA of with the schedule of charges. You will still get your GOGW but be that much further down the road to getting the lot back. Best wishes.

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

A lot of banks don't keep any records for more than 6 years. However, I do believe Abbey keep records on microfiche for at least ten.

Forgive me for asking but where did you get this idea from?

As far as i can tell all banks and financial organisations at the least keep active account records in their entirety.

The Co-op has data going back on my closed account which is older than 9 years at least.

Its likely that they hold data for 6 years post account closure since thats the time period post which they will be liable, ordinarily under the limitations act for claims based on the contract.

I know from other members that companies have provided data which is significantly older than 6 years from a range of sources, so I would be interested to know where you got this gem?

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

so can i send lba for the period to july 2000 and add estimate of charges for the un supplied statements?

You can but when it comes to claiming you must inlcude the option to amend the claim when the relevant data is available.

also i can complain to the information commisioner?

If the 40 day statutory period has expired. If they owe you statements and the 40 days havent expired then there is a template to send them in the library.

what is best suggestion?

matt

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• 1 month later...

Well here we go again MCOL filed and acknowledged 22/12/2006

Today recieved a letter from Abbey claiming that we hd not provided any details as to how we arrived at the figures involved in the claim.....

despite prelim letter for payment and lba, both with copies attached and also recieving replies from abbeys complaints team

i think that i have seen similar tacks on other threads, can somebody point me in the right direction as to how i respond t their letter?

have replied as follows with copies to court

Abbey PLC

2 Triton Square

Regents Place

London

NW1 3AN

Friday, 29 December 2006

xxxxxxxxxxxx v Abbey National PLC

Claim No xxxxxxxx

Dear Sirs,

We are in receipt of your letter dated 22/12/2006, in requesting information in regards to the above case.

Please find enclosed a current copy of the claim breakdown.

This information has been supplied to you in our correspondence dated 14th November 2006, 28th November 2006 prior to commencing action

We are well aware of the requirement to furnish the courts with this information and have also took the incentive to supply them with your request for this information as a matter of due course, as well as copies of the claim breakdown.

In terms of contact details, you can make contact with us at any time

via e-mail xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Home telephone 01xxx xxxxxx

Mobile telephone 0xxxx xxxxxxxx

Work telephone 0xxxx xxxxxxxx after January 2nd 2007 "

no doubt the next phase will be a standard defence to spend some more time on it, meanwhile the interest accrues daily at a rate of £0.50, so for every week they delay it means another £3.50 for us...... maybe they will get the message

"bring it we are prepared"

double entry

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA