All Yorks Bank Claims.What Contractual Rate You Use ?????????????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all :)

Just read 25 threads to find what contractual interest rate to use for yorkshire current account with no luck, so i thought i'd start a thread to get the info a lot of us are looking for in one place.

What rates are you all using please ? (Are we all using the same ?)

Thankyou :):):):):)

Yorkshire Bank:S.A.R sent 16/10/06;Confirmation 10/11/06, ;Statements received in full 14/11/06;Prelim sent 21/11/06 for £3,643.;22/11/06 prelim aknowledged,repayment refused.Claim flled

Yorkshire Bank Visa:S.A.R sent 16/10/06;Confirmation 10/11/06 as above.;S.A.R. reminder sent 15/11/06

Barclays Bank:S.A.R sent 16/10/06 ;Statements received in full 28/10/06 ;Prelim sent 04/11/06 for £1,350; 06/11/06 confirmation of prelim ,investigating claim.;L.B.A sent 24/11/06,Claim filed

Barclaycard:S.A.R sent 16/10/06 ;Partial statements received 18/10/06 back to 01/05/04.Sent reminder letter 21/10/06.Received second fob off letter 25/10/06;Estimated missing statements/sent prelim for £1,701.28 14/11/06 (contractual interest)LBA sent

Halifax: ; S.A.R sent 16/10/06;Reminder sent 15/11/06;Statements received in full 20/22/06;

My claim started before contractual interest had ever been tried and I wasn't about to test the theory on a claim for over 4,000. If I were to do it I would look at the rate for a current account on the website. However, if you see how few cases have actually been settled, and most of those with no interest paid at all I would still not be comfortable giving YB any more excuses to try and wriggle out of paying. I think only 2 or 3 have stuck out for the interest, which is very disappointing, but indicative of YB's stubbornness.

Maybe if my claim were smaller and contractual interest had been paid on many more cases than they have at the moment I would feel more confident about it. I am not saying others shouldn't claim it, just that, at the moment, it's not for me on my current claim.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks caro.

I reckon my claim is about £3,500 before interest so i have my doubts too.Hence this thread ,looking for a few other peoples opinions on which way to go with yorkshire and which of the banks rates they are considering using for contractual interest or indeed have already claimed

Thanks for your input :)

Anyone else reading care to comment ? It's for the benefit of us all and all suggestions welcome

Thanks Oda :D

Yorkshire Bank:S.A.R sent 16/10/06;Confirmation 10/11/06, ;Statements received in full 14/11/06;Prelim sent 21/11/06 for £3,643.;22/11/06 prelim aknowledged,repayment refused.Claim flled

Yorkshire Bank Visa:S.A.R sent 16/10/06;Confirmation 10/11/06 as above.;S.A.R. reminder sent 15/11/06

Barclays Bank:S.A.R sent 16/10/06 ;Statements received in full 28/10/06 ;Prelim sent 04/11/06 for £1,350; 06/11/06 confirmation of prelim ,investigating claim.;L.B.A sent 24/11/06,Claim filed

Barclaycard:S.A.R sent 16/10/06 ;Partial statements received 18/10/06 back to 01/05/04.Sent reminder letter 21/10/06.Received second fob off letter 25/10/06;Estimated missing statements/sent prelim for £1,701.28 14/11/06 (contractual interest)LBA sent

Halifax: ; S.A.R sent 16/10/06;Reminder sent 15/11/06;Statements received in full 20/22/06;

There is nothing to say that you have to start your claim now Oda. You could leave it a while and see how things go. I know a lot of people are absolutely convinced that they should claim contractual compound interest at the unauthorised overdraft rate, and they may well be right, but they can test the water before I am prepared to risk my money. At one stage I considered amending my claim, and in a way wish I had the courage to go for it. My claim would be massive.

Do you have any other claims that you could start and gain some experience before tackling this one? It is easier once you know the ropes.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.