• Tweets

• good idea take some pix and put them in a PDF read UPLOAD dx
    • thread title updated moved to overseas debt forum. sadly as they are outside any UK jurisdiction upon DCA rules which state in the UK they must not call employers, there not alot you can do to stop these scammers. make sure you totally make private ALL social media twitter/facebook/linked in etc etc as there no-way for them to findout where you work otherwise so you must have a leak somewhere. find it. your employer details arent even legally available to UK DCA's so how have they found it out to date???  simply write to the BANK informing them of your correct and current address ALWAYS!!. if you want to arrange payment or not TO THE BANK ONLY thats upto you. never ever ignore a Statutory Demand a Letter Of Claim a Court Claimform. if if if any of those ever happen. till then ignore and rewash. dx    
    • Date of issue –   13 may 2024 AOS date 31st may defence filing date 14th june plenty of lowell card claimform threads here use our enhanced google searchbox Lowell card claimform id be reading at least 5-10 threads a day. do NOT MISS your defence filing whatever happens.  
    • Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called. I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job. However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still haven't sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks, 
    • The clock is ticking for savings providers. They now have just a few weeks left to get their act together and start offering loyal customers a good deal.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Excel/BW claimform - PCN Swansea SA1 2012

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

you were told to get photos months ago,

I fail to understand why people who are being sued seem to take such a lackadaisical attitude to all of it.

Your defence is almost unbeatable unless you screw it up and like many others that fact doesnt seem to have sunk in.

Put some effort in to this and absolutely screw them down

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the obtaining of photographs applies to every thread on the private parking forum, they form the contract the parking co relies on in every case so we need to see the signs in every case. It is self evident.

I dont intend to come across as hostile but Excel stand no chance of winning this unless you chuck it away and I wouldnt like to see you lose because something has been missed out even something that may be completely irrelevant on the day, you need to have everything to hand just in case the judge makes a detour on the evidence trail.

That also means you take copies of the relevnet blogs on the Parking pranksters blogspot, any case references you come acrossanywhere, any knowledge of ownership of the land etc, knowing somehting is not enough, you have to prove it when there is doubt and the parking co wont tell the truth when it damages their claim ( ie most of the time)

If the site is the same as Cuttysarks post then grp those images as they show what you need to show, namely the signage in place are onw thing and Excels's signage pictures are not from the car park at all but a paste up of a generic signa and offer no evidence they were actually there at all. Basically they are needed to rebut Excel's evidence and you can say that this is what is here now but they werent there then

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

with regard to point 6

make it clear that you asked for sight of the documents relevent to points 1, 2 and 3 as a CPR 31.14 request before the track of the claim was decided and they have failed to produce them.

For this reason you state that their behaviour is unreasonable and that you seek a full costs recovery order under CPR 27.14.2(g)

As for refernces to ANY documents

you take copies of them with you so if you have the full case transcript you take it,

other than that as much as you do have so screen grab of the Parking Pranksters blog or a printout of the thread on MSE for example.

Also take copies of the POFA as well to show the limits of the legislation as it is now regarding keeper liability.

There are plenty of cases on the paranksters blog refering to Eliott v Loake and CPS v AJH films showing they are not relevant,

take copies of those summaries as well.

Remind you of what I said about their pictures in Cutty sarks thread,

they are not photos of signage

but a computer mock up of what they claim was there at the time.

Again demand some evidence that the signage was as stated with positions of these signs, numbers , type of lighting etc.

Also as a point 7

I would say that they dont have planning permission

(under Town and country planning act 2007)

for their signs so no contract could ever be formed as it would be a criminal compact and unenforceable.

dont forget,

Elliott v Loake was a criminal case on a public road where there was plenty of other evidence that the keeper was the driver at the time

and in CPS v AJH films it was a company lorry and the company had vicarious liablity as the driver was a "servant" of the co.

Now Gladdys/BW claim that any person borrowing your car is your servant and you are responsible for their actions.

This was the case until about 50 years ago when insurance became compulsory

but would still apply if you employ a chauffeur and he, for example, ran a red light on your instructions.

A taxi driver doing the same would get done because although you are hiring them they are not your servant.

• 2 weeks later...

yes, you print everything that you think will be ever likely to be useful.

No judge is going to wade through rows and rows of books to help you so you have to show them the paper proof.

Your WS should be enough as long as you can show on paper why all of the bits you raise as so.

anything else you come across in the meanwhile can be taken along on the day and as long as it doesnt change the direction or raise new points for your defence will be normally allowed so for example, new cases where Excel have had their bottom spanked in a similar case with the samw particulars of claim would be a prime example

OK, rights of audience

- take the relevant section of the law with you and challenge the person who pitches up for them.

Dont waffle, just ask them are they a registered practising solicitor or employed by Excel or BW.

Being instructed by either isnt good enough unless they can tell you their SRA member number and are acting in that capacity

Do this before anyone else has a chance to say anything about the claim.

Do not talk to their rep in the waiting rooms and dont accept any paers from them either,

they want you to have them then they pass them to the judge to decide whether you should be receiving them.

make sure the judge knows that you will be asking for time to consider the new docs and then write a rebuttal.

and so an adjournment will be asked for if you are forced to accept them.

(judges hate that so they are likey to quicky read them and decide whether they are binned or allowed, usually they say they are irrelevant so that tells you where things are going anyway)

You are right about the paralegals WS, they must have been present as they are not in the employ of Excel so cant speak for them, only themselves and as such would be expected to show up.

As for CPR 16.5 they are misquoting as your defence fulfils parts 16.5.3 and 4. You will have denied all of the allegation as per 16.5.1 so again they are trying to misdirect the court

As for new stuff on the Pranksters' blog,

look at what the judge said in the wakefield claim that was running on here.

Copy that and take it with you to show that Gladdys have bee become so well known they are now unusable by the parking companies but BW use the same modus operandi with a complete disregard to civil procedure rules with regard to the correct filing of a particulars of claim ( breach of contract or contractual abligation, adding unexplained and unlawful costs to the claim etc)

As for the driver and keeper, there are plenty of cases where this has been the crux of the argument so ctake copies of them along where possible or at least a screen shot of the pranksters blog or any other online source so you have the original references on paper. .

The whole idea of the POFA is to create a keeper liability and until Nov 2012 that couldnt exist and now exists as long as cetrtain requiremnts are met so you are right.

• 4 weeks later...

if their bod was a lay rep then someone from VCS MUST be present

Your appeal shopuld be on a matter of law ( the CPR incorrectly applied plus the lay rep bit) and matters of fact support that.

So was someone from VCS actually present?

Did you sumbit all of your paperwork to the court and to BW in time?

you will need to ask the court regarding the appeal, it has to be lodged witin a certain time (14 days)

a paralegal can present if the claimant/defendant is present. If no-one else showed up from Excel then they cant even act as a lay rep. so who else whas there?

You were adviswed to tajke copies of the rights of audinece legislation with you, did you do this? You could have quoted or at least got the judge to read it, everything is voice recorded so your appeal would ahve been simpler as the judge may well realise that what was said was plain wrong.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

then that is the point of law that you can hang everything else on for your appeal regarding the matters of fact that were ignored.

The discretion of the court would allow the unqualified person to speak as a lay rep IN THE PRESENCE OF THE CLIENT, not on their own.

the judge cant then decide to have the haring "on the papers" and use the written evidence alone from the other side and you get to speak and rubbish it to your hearts content.

Now you havent answered the other questions about what you put in your Witness Statement.

The POFA does away with balance of probabilities but your matter was from before that date so again the judge seems to have misdirected themself when they state this as you have offered evidence that you were not the driver at the time and it is for the parking to to show WHO they have a contract with as it is not the keeper.

Again, the CPR seems to have been an error in law when maing that determination so you have 2 points of law and several matters of fact to go with.

Sometimes you get the same judge reversing their own decision of they listen to the tape and then realise they have screwed up.

You can get a copy of the trnascript for a (considerable ) cost but I dont think you are allowed a copy of the tape.

would be worth asking the courts service about this.

sorry,

the judge CAN decide to have the hearing on the papers is what I meant to write but they clearly didnt.

That is very different from what happened.

On your other post I mention the different rankings of judges and who they must defer to

Any idea whether yours was a DDJ, DJ or HHJ?

I would say that you have good reason to appeal and good prospects of a successful appeal at that but try contacting John Wilkie at the BMPA, he is the expert on this.