DVLA - No V5 - Nio Insurance - No SORN - Now Legal Action

londonman100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

This is my situation.

Had a road Accident 2014 in my sons Car - person ran a red Light car off Road.

No need for insurance now as my son cannot take his lessons and test in the Car therefore no need for insurance.

Applied for a V5 in July 2014, despite reminders phone calls etc no joy. Became homeless in October no fixed abode.

Chasing again in November and December and into new year.

Could not complete the nessary information required as no Log book V5

Found a Fax number for DVLA filled in V62 again a Faxed it to them.

V5 received in march - completed SORN online

Now received refund of £40plus and a bill for £50.00 no insurance.

Despite informing them that the car was not suitable for the road and had been collected and stored for the insurance Company to view and resolve liability.

I still broke the law and the fine will go up to £100.00

Wrote in to complain still no go will not move.

Case now being set for Court hearing

I believe this is unjust and unreasonable.

Am i wrong her - i do not see why i need insurance when the car is off road and if DVLA had done the job right in the first place i would accept it was my problem.

Any ideas her on a way forward apart from attending Court my son has exams due soon this will just screw with his head.

Thanks for your time.

I'd let them take me to court personally. Attend and defend with all of your might, that's assuming that the DVLA actually offer evidence on the day. They're renowned for not proceeding with cases at the 11th hour.

If you can prove any/most of what you've said above, I can't see how the DVLA can possibly win.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

I'd let them take me to court personally. Attend and defend with all of your might, that's assuming that the DVLA actually offer evidence on the day. They're renowned for not proceeding with cases at the 11th hour.

If you can prove any/most of what you've said above, I can't see how the DVLA can possibly win.

Thank you DragonFly1967 for taking the time to reply.

I am currently checking and compling a chronology of events with copy of letters and emails it may be too much but i am trying to find my phone bill as well.

I have read and re read this letter in reply and noted the Irani in the last paragraph or is it me? :-

"In the circumstances, I can see no reason to overturn the enforcement case against you. As payment for the Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) has not been received, your case is now being prepared for Court"

ie. (if you had paid up there might be something that could have been done.) is how i read this.

I think they are just trying to screw the public over.

Yeah, if you'd paid you'd have admitted your own guilt and made a contribution to the DVLA 'Christmas Party fund'. Standing your ground with these people (in my opinion (it's not for everyone)) makes them take notice of you and wonder if you might have a point.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.