Client refusing to pay for services rendered

sigkap87
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Without going into too much detail...

I provide assessment and therapy services to private clients. A client called and requested an assessment of her son which was carried out. Subsequently she agreed to a therapist being placed with her son to work with him. The therapist did three sessions before the parent changed her mind about this particular therapist. She is now refusing to pay for therapy rendered as she says it formed part of the assessment (it didn't). Do I go straight to small claims court regarding this or talk to the legal department of my business insurance first? Anything else I need to do?

You should try and sort it out with the client fiurst, perhaps a nitice before action would bring results ?. Are you sure that the contract between you and her does entitle you to the money ?

Ive no idea about insurance, why dont you pop into YOUR legal depratment, you know more about them then us.

I assume to amount is worth pursuing ?, taking into account legal costs, etc

The client did not return signed documents. However I have emails proving they agreed to the services and they were provided with terms and conditions upfront. I have been trying to work with client however they are being very difficult and insisting that services were not rendered when they were. Again I have email evidence of this. It's a nearly £400 bill so yes, worth pursuing when small claims costs are £50.

It can be problematic in small claims if you employ a solicitor (his costs wont be recoverable) or his the defendant lives far away and claim is allocated to theior local court but as a LiP yes it could be worth pursuing if you have a good enough case, although Id double check that the emails do actually constitute a proper agreement.