Vet - general advice for others

veganite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Since reading this section of the forum, I see many complaints in relation to the fees charged by vets. I have a friend who is a retired vet, though does work occasionally.

I hope the following helps some people:

1. Vet friend said that in the last few years, he has become aware of his colleagues searching google earth to see what type of house their customer lives in. If the house is of a high value, then they would add extra onto the bill as they know that their customer would be able to afford it.

2. Vet practices are a business, they will try to sell you pet food at overly inflated prices. One practice actually gave the vets and assistants commission on the amount of pet food sold and accessories.

3. If your pet is on long term medication, the vet will sell you the medication at an expensive price. If you do a google search, you will be able to buy the same medication at a lot cheaper price than what your local vet will sell it to you for.

Hope the above helps... maybe it is necessary to use a friends or relatives address if your own home can be seen of a high value.

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

Hello,

Since reading this section of the forum, I see many complaints in relation to the fees charged by vets. I have a friend who is a retired vet, though does work occasionally.

I hope the following helps some people:

1. Vet friend said that in the last few years, he has become aware of his colleagues searching google earth to see what type of house their customer lives in. If the house is of a high value, then they would add extra onto the bill as they know that their customer would be able to afford it.

2. Vet practices are a business, they will try to sell you pet food at overly inflated prices. One practice actually gave the vets and assistants commission on the amount of pet food sold and accessories.

3. If your pet is on long term medication, the vet will sell you the medication at an expensive price. If you do a google search, you will be able to buy the same medication at a lot cheaper price than what your local vet will sell it to you for.

Hope the above helps... maybe it is necessary to use a friends or relatives address if your own home can be seen of a high value.

Do practices like this truly go on? As I'm astounded @ No 1!! Searching Google Earth just to see what house someone lives in so they can inflate a bill is disgusting!

As someone whose on Benefits can live in a big 4/5/6 bed house be it private rented or owned etc! That does NOT mean to say they could afford a Vets inflated bills! Isn't it also fraudulent to do so??

Where as No 2 & 3, we could all probably understand that purchasing anything through a Vets would be more costly. As is buying Dental products from a Dentist!

Personally I'd look elsewhere to buy my Rabbits & Guinea pigs food &/or medications from a much cheaper outlet!

I was gutted last year as I had to pay a Vet £27.00 to put one of my Bunnies to sleep & I wasn't allowed him back afterwards to bury him! Never again!!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!