Big Andy

Andy Fairgrieve
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everybody

Im not only new to this site but also new to a computer and a keyboard.(its taken me 2 days to find out how to post a thread) However I am about to take on the Abbey National for an amount that will exceed 10k.Over the past 5 years they have effectivly put me out of buiseness.(I was a self employed milkman.)I had to sell up because I couldnt keep up with thier charges.And I sold at a loss (pity I cant claim that as well)I now await all my previos statements which I applied for 8 weeks ago then onwards and upwards.Anybody out there who can help please let me know

Welcome.

You're in the right place!

Have a good read through the FAQ's and some threads in the Abbey forum. 10k is a big claim and you will need to know about certain court procedures. If you come unstuck I know that Alanfromderby is a moderator with a great deal of experience in hammering (sh)abbey until they squeak like little piggies.

Follow the steps and you will win in the end :)

I would wish you luck, but you won't need it.

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)

Hi Andy

I would give them a call to see if they had received your request. Seems a long time to wait for your info. Did you post it registered?...

Uk..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I phoned Abbey about the wait for my previos bank statements.After a 10 minute wait they said they had a backlog in that particular department.(I wonder if thats because ???????)However they promised I would have them within 10 working days.Heres hoping.Thankyou for the support

• 2 weeks later...

R.E.My previos bank statements.I received them today,11/11/06.(remembrance day for the Abbey perhaps) Anyway I have spent all day doing spreadsheets and it looks like I will reclaiming around 8k.I bought the self help small claims law pack via this site so to bed with that and send my first letter off on Tues.Wish me luck.

Hi all,Iam goig to post my initial letter to the (sh)Abbey today requesting payment of all my charges backdated to 2002.However,I am a bit confused,because the size of my claim exceeds 8k I have read that it has to be done on fast track.Can anyone tell me what this is,and where I can find any necessary information.Please bear in mind I am new to a computer and a complete technophobe (so my sons tell me)

You don't need to do anything about fast track at this stage. Just follow the normal procedure. If the time comes for you to go to court (and it probably will eventually) you will be sent an Allocation Questionnaire. Shabbey will be sent one too. When you've both filled them in a judge will take a look and decide which track to allocate your case to. Almost certainly, (s)he will allocate you to the fast track. But it is up to the discretion of the judge.

Another short word of advice. When it comes to filing a court claim (not yet though! follow the procedure first!) I would recommend that you do NOT use Moneyclaimonline. Go to your local friendly county court and pick up an N1 claims form. There are templates for filling this in in the library forum. The advantage of the N1 over MCOL is that you have much more space to set out your arguments properly. This could save time as the case moves forward.

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)

Andy - the 8% is the S69 court interest which is added when you fill out your court claim. Don't add this at the Prelim or LBA stage. This automatically is included in the spreadsheets - when I did mine I just deleted that column before printing and put in back in again (for next time) before saving it. Are you intending to claim back the overdraft interest? Is this what you mean? Some people have included this in their claim - I didn't though as it was only worth a few pounds and not worth (for me) the hassle of working it out.

Jackie

Abbey: Settled - now for no. 2

Dudley Building Society : claim dismissed - no costs

London Scottish: settled in full :oops:

Capital One - settled in full :p

"Energy and persistence conquer all things" Benjamin Franklin

Any advice, information and thoughts given by me are just my humble opinion

Thanks for the information what confused me was where the letter said you owe me £xxxx plus £xxxx interest.Ihave done as you suggested and deleted it from my spreadsheets.All you guys out there are PURE DEAD BRILLIANT without you all I would be lost.I will be raising a glass of single malt to you all this weekend

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved a standard letter and leaflet from Abbey on 22/11/06.telling me they were sorry I was unhappy and that they would investigate my complaint thoroughly.Iwaited the 14 days that I said I would,and then on 29/11/06.Isent them a letter before action.However,today 01/12/06.I recieved another letter from thier complaints department saying after a full investigation thier charges do not contravene the unfair terms in consumer contract regulations.However,as a gesture of goodwill they refunded me £1,138.I am now going to find out how I should reply to this GOGW payment and follow this through to the end.thanks again to all the advice and experiences of others as I wouldnt have got this far without it

• 2 weeks later...

Well tomorrow is the last day the (sh)Abbey have to pay me the balance of the money they owe me.They did pay £1,135.£70 of which was for charges pending.I could do with some help now though,I dont know whether to fill in the N1 form then take it to court or should I go to the court first and get the N1 from them also who do I see at the court ive read loads of stuff but cant find the answers to these questions.Can anyone help

Cheers Michael Browne I tried to reply to you but I am still fairly new to computers so dont know if you would have got it or not.Iknow how to find both forms but dont know whether to fill them out first and take them to court or do I go to the court first looking for a hearing date

Filed my claim in the Lancaster county court today 15/12/06 having heard no more from (SH)Abbey cost of filing claim £250 (might be helpfull to somebody) I put a note on the claim reducing it by £1065 because of the GOGW payment and also wrote to Abbey last week thanking them for GOGW but I would only accept as partial payment and was pursuing the full amount

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would let you all know I got a letter from the court today telling me that my claim had been served on abbey on 30/12/06.Also I was refunded the £250 it cost to lodge the claim because my earnings were considered to be in financial hardship.The longer this takes the more I want to go all the way and force abbey to disclosure even if it does affect my claim

Andy, well done - looks like we are at the same stage. I filed court papers yesterday. Deemed served tomorrow. How much is your claim for?. Nice GOGW - I have had nothing to date. LBA was sent 12/12/06.

Good luck anyway, keep us posted.

Regards, Nigel

Andy, well done - looks like we are at the same stage. I filed court papers yesterday. Deemed served tomorrow. How much is your claim for?. Nice GOGW - I have had nothing to date. LBA was sent 12/12/06.

Good luck anyway, keep us posted.

Regards, Nigel

Cheers Nigel and a happy new year My claim is for £7115.00 but to be honest I have forgotten to add the 8% interest on the claim file and thats £1000.00 Going to ask a question on the site to see if anyone can tell what to do Watch abbey very carefully theyre sneaky

Regards

Andy