9 year secondment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work for the NHS and have been seconded into my current position for 4 years, before that I was seconded for five within the same department. Within the Agenda for Change document there is no mention of secondments, how long they should last etc. I've been struggling to find anything but does anyone know if I should be auto substantiated after this amount of time. HR have said that they have "no obligation" to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated

My contract is a permanent one. Ive been with the NHS for nearly 14 years, seconded for 9. Every now and then I get a letter saying the secondment has been extended but haven't had one for a few months

When you entered secondment you should have had a contract telling you either the length of time of secondment or that it was until further notice. If you didn't get one or remember if you did or can't find it, ask HR for a copy.

I suggest you contact someone high up in the nhs (I know it's not easy, but worth a try) and explain that having been seconded to this job for so long it's only fair that they offer you a permanent role.

A friend of mine was seconded for 3 years in a big company as a trainer.

He wrote to one of the directors asking if he found that to be fair and he got the permanent position and of course salary.

Bear in mind that they have no obligation to do so.

Good luck!