CSA backdating claims

Alzum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been contacted by the CSA who have backdated a claim to 2006 and have told me I owe £22k. I have never ever been un traceable and have told my ex where I am living. I agree I have to contribute towards my children but disagree with he amount they want to take. I work full time and this month came out with £970.by the time all my bills are paid and I already have a CCJ that also came out of my pay I have nothing left CSA say the minimum amount I can be left with is £1100 they don't seem to be taking into account the CCJ does anyone know if this is correct ?

I can barely pay my bills now and have nothing left, we are existing and nothing else. I have always works all my life and wondering now is it really worth carrying on working.

I'm pretty much at n all time low. I know some of my debt is down to me and shouldn't have got into this state but when you don't earn much it's easy to do.

Have you paid anything towards your kids since 2006 through the CSA? I know £22k seems a bit steep but its not when you think its 8 years worth of arrears. Its not up to your ex to inform the CSA where you are living either, you should have done so. I would send them an Income and Expenditure calculation, proof of the CCJ and a reasonable offer of payment each month and see what they say. Just bear in mind your offer needs to cover your monthly payment and a percentage of the arrears.

If you quit your job then they will take money out of your benefits (not sure of its £5 or £10) but the arrears will remain and they will expect you to pay them at some point

They would take £5 per week from most benefits to cover CSA payments. Of course, if someone quits a job and then claims JSA, the DWP is going to ask about the claimant's reasons for leaving work.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.