HMRC Tax Allowance

chiefmegawatty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HMRC frequently get it wrong when someone has more than one pension, especially when the person is not working. That's why you have to be proactive by checking everything and querying anything incorrect. At the end of the tax year, your pension providers will have provided you with P60s setting out your total pension before tax, and the amount of tax deducted. Gather them all together for each year you have paid to much tax, send copies in with a covering letter ( by recorded delivery) and it will be sorted for you.

It may also be a good idea to call them first, politely explain their mistake, and even if they say they'll sort it, still write also so you have a paper trail.

I've just received an email with the posters response to my post at #12. For some reason its not on the forum yet. However its just the usual rant and basically, why should he contact them as their to thick to add up and you can't educate pork (his words not mine).

Although I have never worked in this general area, I've successfully helped my partner on more that one ocassion with tax mistakes and I've helped friends and relatives also. In all this time I've never seen anyone make the ridiculous stand the poster is making. I'm beginning to think its a wind up.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks