Jump to content

Misdiagnosed my 10 yr old

Breeda king
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

My daughter had a fall at school (an accidentally fall over a chair not pushed in)


We took her to our local hospital they X-rayed her as she fractured the same foot 10 months ago

The registrar examined her foot read the X-ray and stated soft tissue damage


A week later she was seen in outpatients and the same X-Ray was read the doctor stated a slight fracture on her ankle the couldn't fit her in to have a support boot made for 3 days


We took her back today and another doctor said a boot would not support her and sent her to be plastered .

10 months ago she pulled up during PE with pain in her foot she was seen in a walk in centre where ligament damage was diagnosed 2 days later we took her to the hospital as she was non weight bearing they x rayed her and she had fractured her


Twice wrongly diagnosed within 10 months .

Please help how I can complain as my poor daughter has suffered so much pain.

Edited by citizenB
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Breeda


Have a look at the hospital website and it should tell you the process to complain. It may be through PALS or directly to the chief executive, either way put everything in writing. If you are sending a letter send it as recorded and signed for, if you send an email then put a flag to show they have received and read it. Don't be put off by being told they will get back to you in X number of days. Allow a couple of days and start pestering, phone PALS, ask for a case manager and don't be put off. Stay calm but firm and keep pestering if necessary. I've just had to go through this process and it is a bit long winded but you can get results and hopefully help make changes that are sometimes so badly needed.


If all the complaints are strictly medical it may be worth having a chat with the CAB but go down the official complaints route first. Make sure you follow their procedure so when they mess up you can remind them about that.


Good luck and I hope your daughter is OK now and doesn't have any repercussions of the problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...