Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,



My mum has received letters from Newlyn Bailiffs and they are demanding over £4k.



The account numbers(client ref) are incorrect, liability dates are incorrect, amount owed is incorrect one the one with the correct account number on all the letter has the wrong amount.



I think the most important is account numbers as these are direct from the council. If they have these incorrect then they must be chasing the wrong person.



My mum had a statutory demand from the council for just under £5k she has paid it all off except the last £700.



My mum agrees she owes just over £700 in arrears from previous years but nothing like the amount they are demanding.



I have written to the local council pointing out these errors. Can I write to the bailiffs pointing out these material errors and have the debt cancelled or sent back to the council for further investigation?



Any advice would be much appreciated.




Link to post
Share on other sites

The bailiff company cannot cancel the debts. Only the local authority may recall the debt if there has been a genuine error.


Unfortunately, you have provided very little information for anyone of us to give a suitable response. For instance;


You have not said whether a bailiff has ever been into the property,


whether your mother has ever signed a Walking Possession


whether she paid the debt before the account had gone to bailiff


Did the statutory demand include fees to an enforcement agent?


Was there a reason why you mother did not pay the final figure of £700?


Was the debt for council tax or non domestic rates.


As you can see, there are quite a few questions but they are important ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The bailiff has been going to the wrong address. The reason we know this is because we know who the current occupiers are and they have handed us the letters.



My Mum has not signed a walking possession



The debt has been paid direct to the council. These are new figures and account numbers that the bailiffs have. I believe there has been an error either on the councils part or the bailiffs.



Statutory demand only included council tax.



My mother has been paying in instalments and could no longer afford the monthly amount they were asking when £700 was left.



Dent was only for council tax.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...