Help Paying as much as can

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good day

This is my first post here and like all other people, I am VERY STRESSED out about my Council Tax. Firstly, I am the sole income earner with 3 kids (aged 8,6,4) and a wife who does not work. I have arrears of approx. 1500.00 over a 3 year period which I have been trying my best to catch up on as well as pay the normal monthly amount due. This huge amount is due to unforeseen circumstances at the time.

For the last financial year (2013-2014) I have been paying arrears (£90) + (£110 normal amount) for the last financial year....as advised by the County council.

I have communicated with them via e-mail about my difficulty in meeting these payments, often at the expense of my family's needs (kids transport to school, monthly food bill, my own transport costs to work and back) yet they are not bothered or understanding at all.

In the past 2-3 years, when I was paying towards the arrears, I was told at that time that the amounts paid were allocated to the overall amount instead of arrears payment to arrears and normal amount to normal amount due

I have requested ( a year or 2 ago) a FULL breakdown of all payments from 3-4 years ago yet all they do is print out a statement which does NOT clearly show separate amounts...ie ...arrears and normal monthly payments.

My problem is that now I am being told that I am due a Summons for 2013-2014 arrears AND handing it over to an External Collections Agency.

Should I attend the court and request via the court a forensic breakdown of the account as I am sure that the amounts were NOT correctly allocated and have compounded the arrears to what it is today ??

My apologies for the lengthy post....but I wanted to provide as much info/background as possible.

Thanks and please reply A.S.A.P....THANK YOU....THANK YOU...THANK YOU !!!

Hi and welcome to CAG. I have moved your post to a thread of its own so that you can be seen by the regulars. You need do nothing (except continue posting)

Hold fire for more help.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]