Welcome/MKRR issues with Sb debt - Help with Default removal

blurredl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was hoping to get some help with an old Welcome debt which was apparently bought by MKRR in 2010, I took out a £2000 loan in September 2007 and unfortunately only managed 2 payments. Welcome appeared on my credit file until recently but all payments recorded are not accurate it says I started paying in May 2007 with first late payment in July 2007 this before I even took the loan out.History also shows as various late payments of between 1 and 6 months from July 2007 to October 2009, I have definitely made no payment or contact since October 2007, I am 100% sure of that as I lost my job at that time amongst other things. In December 2009 the account shows at satisfied (no defaults) and then in January 2010 MKRR recorded it as a default.

I have received varying letters from MKRR, Willen, Raven Recoveries and Keynes Collections since 2010, the most recent from Keynes looking very official with a notice of intended legal action in 14 days for the sum of £6,000.

I have been looking through some of the other experiences on here and it seems that this has happened to quite a few people, some advice is to ignore as it’s statute barred but others advise to make contact in writing

I want the default removed but didn’t want to make contact with mkrr without some advice first also if they wrongly believe that they have a judgement claim I want to try and stop action before I have to deal with the courts.

Any help and next steps would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by blurredl