• Tweets

• god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • The airline says it is investigating reports that customers can view other passengers' personal information.View the full article
    • They are finding new ways to cut back on household spending as China’s economy loses steam.View the full article
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Tribunal 'partial victory' placed in WRAG.

Bazooka Boo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, what you need to focus on is the grounds that you feel you qualified for the support group on, and provided evidence for.

So first tell us what the grounds were and summarise what evidence you provided to the Tribunal (both written and oral).

• Haha 1

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you both, very much for responding. :thumb:

Greatly appreciated, and will attempt to respond tomorrow.

The only evidence provided at the tribunal was written, they negated the need for any oral evidence, which could very well be a procedural impropriety, I am able to use the RBL ''independent living'' team to attend my tribunal, but once again, these are people who Know nothing about me and are merely in attendance as my ''appropriate adult''.

Are you saying they asked you nothing at the Tribunal?

Does the statement of reasons say they considered support group at all for you, and give reasons as to why they discounted it?

What grounds do you think you qualify for the support group under?

The SoR blurb mentioned 'those representing' - who was representing you, and did they make a case for support group in the written materials?

In the written materials from Headway yes they did.

But at the actual tribunal, I was never asked anything and neither was the RBL rep, it was one way traffic!

So what grounds were argued in the written materials - which support group descriptor or reg 29/35 etc?

It sounds like you have a few avenues to pursue to UT, but as I can't see all the evidence or the SoR, I can't be very detailed.

Firstly, reg 29 isn't applicable if you score enough points for WRAG, but reg 35 is, and there really needs to have been some discussion in the SoR as to why the arguments made by your rep in writing aren't applicable to you - otherwise it's insufficient finding of fact.

Were arguments made by your rep for any support group descriptors and if so, were the reasons not to give you those points discussed in the SoR?

Is there any discussion as to why your eligibility for support group was basically made on paper, rather than in an oral hearing as you requested and were entitled to?

It looks like in considering the support group, in the paragraph you posted, that they considered the descriptors involving 'appropriateness of behaviour with others' and 'coping with social engagements' - are these the only descriptors you scored points on, or did you score points on any other descriptors?

ETA: Also if relying on information provided from 2006, rather than give you a full oral hearing, then this may also be very relevant.

But I should point out, that whatever advice you get here, you will need to get an experienced welfare rights adviser to help with an UT appeal - you may qualify for legal aid for this dependant on your household income.

Also is there a reason you are not getting income based ESA, for instance working partner, too much capital or too much household income to qualify?

Yes, someone who can actually see your full appeal materials including submission and evidence, and read the SoR will be able to give you a better idea of whether you have a case.

All I can say is that if there isn't sufficient explanation as to why support group wasn't applicable to you, or if the evidence they have used is out of date (rather than have the oral hearing and ask you in person) then you may well have a case.

By all means scan the SoR if you want to and can take out identifiers, I'm happy to take a look.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50278[/ATTACH]School boy error!

Hopefully the scans have uploaded, and suitably redacted..

I had a quick read. As I said, it is hard to without the evidence that they relied on to make the decision.

1) Was any of the evidence they used to justify their decision refuted in the submission provided to the Tribunal? For instance the activities that it is stated that you do or the frequency that you do it, for instance the pub, yoga, gym?

2) I can't see their justification for the coping with change descriptor - not that this would have an effect on support group, they've just not backed up their reasoning properly on that.

3) Are there reasons why you don't have input for your issues any more, as stated in 17, and were any reasons given in your submission.

4) What reg 35 reasons were given in your submission for not being able to undertake work related activity.

5) when and in what context did the GP say work and training would help?

Also re the evidence they have relied on from 2006/7, it sounds as if it was some sort of assessment of your cognitive abilities - unless you can show that there has been some change since, then it is reasonable to use that as an indication of the level of brain injury caused by the accident.

Was there any other evidence of new issues - maybe caused by depression or deterioration?

And the activities the SoR stated you do - gym, yoga, pub - are these things you put in the submission or are they from the HCP report, and if so, how far have they been misinterpreted?

also, did you provide more current evidence from Headly Court about your brain injury and deficits?

Gym I do as it helps with my depression, although it really does depend on how I feel when I wake up.

Yoga I've not done for a long while, I possibly wasn't even doing it when I had my HCP & said I was??

Pub, yes, but this is meant to broaden my social circle which was recommended my the OT...

Sorry, I feel like your sitting there frustrated and having to tease the answers out of me!

It's at times like this I feel so bloody inadequate and dumb. I don't want to keep being reminded of the person I used to be, I really just want to be left alone,

let me get on with it, I was doing fine until they started rattling my cage and have me justify my injuries, absolute ****....

When the FTT asked me for permission to get my GP's notes, I am assuming that they had all of the ones from Headley Court also, however on looking through the notes again there doesn't seem to be anything from them?

I understand your frustration and really sympathise. Don't feel bad, conversations pretty much used to go the same way with all my clients - the reason they and you need help is you don't know the info that's important and the stuff that isn't.

I think there is a small possibility with the procedural issue of not having an oral hearing - making the decision on paper, and the fact that the statement of reasons contradicts your submission and says there is no argument for support group when there was, which means it should have been investigated further at the oral hearing where more info on your capabilities may well have been forthcoming. Normally I would make a stern warning to a client that taking it further could result in a set aside and a new hearing which risks the current award, but as you are not receiving anything you have nothing to lose really.

As well as requesting permission to appeal to UT and arguing why, I would also be requesting a set aside and new hearing due to your not having the full hearing previously. Not sure on your odds, but I would say slim.

Another thing you can do, is get together all relevant evidence, get some current info on your capabilities - get some assessments done or see some professionals. Put together a coherent reg 35 argument and then request a supersession from the DWP based on your current capabilities. As you're not actually receiving anything, there is no risk to any benefit in payment - and you have said your condition has worsened due to the stress of the appeal - so if you can get some professional evidence to concur, you may have a chance going this route.

It's a double pronged attack, but a reg 35 argument is a difficult one to make and has a low rate of success, so it's important to get some professional help - you can't do an UT appeal without it, and it would also help with a supersession.

But be aware, a professional with all of your info in front of them may see things differently, and decide that you don't have an UT case, so prepare yourself for that possibility.

• 2 months later...

Glad you've got some experienced help in your corner - though remember that most UT decisions are made on paper, so the paper argument to the UT needs to be comprehensive and thorough.

Good luck!

• 8 months later...

The effect of the set aside is to make null and void the previous ftt decision, so in theory yes, you should go back on appeal rate esa while waiting for the next appeal hearing. However, I don't know what's being done in practice. Your best action would be to write a letter to the DWP stating the appeal decision has been set aside and requesting reinstatement of appeal rate esa until the next hearing, enclosing a copy of the set aside decision.

:Bazooka Boo:

And back to your questions in #44;

estellyn's advice would be correct, except that by now you've almost certainly received the time limited to three hundred and sixty-five days contribution flavour payments of employment n support with the work related activity component. And unfortunately, from what you've written earlier in the thread, you aren't entitled to an income flavour award cos of your military pension.

Should the newly constituted first tier tribunal uphold your appeal, you'll be entitled to contribution flavour employment n support with the support component at least until the outcome of the new ESA50 and work capability assessment. With arrears backdated to the decision date of your conversion award.

Unlikely to be a connection between the set aside and reassessment for your award of ESA credits cos of limited capability for work. It's a common scenario with some reassessments and appeals still taking forever.

Best wishes, Margaret. :panda:

Thanks for additional info, Margaret, wasn't aware the cont allowance was exhausted.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding what you're going on about:

Here's what is relevant about NI credits with regards to ESA:

While on ESA you get an NI credit every week, plus you also get your normal benefit.

When put on contribution based wrag, your benefit is no longer paid after 365 days, HOWEVER, your NI credits continue to be paid every week that you qualify as being in wrag. If you don't attend an assessment, wrag ends and NI credits end. You can supplement NI credits yourself if you want to.

If you're over 63 (I think) then you are credited with NI credits anyway, automatically.

I'm still confused.

If a fTT put you in wrag then you should stay in wrag unless there is a change of decision - for instance if you fail, or don't turn up for a wca assessment. You wouldn't receive any money if you've been on wrag more than 365 days, but you should receive ni credits, and you should continue to be assessed and comply with assessments.

If your claim was ended in some way - do you know how? Then why are you being sent esa50's? You should only be getting them if you are still considered to have an open claim and be in wrag. Have you called and checked the status of your claim?

Who did you speak to on Thursday - was it the phone monkey 'helpline' worker, or was it a decision maker? To get proper clarification it would need to be a call back from a decision maker. It's pretty important to be certain, because if your claim is still live and you refuse to be reassessed then any new FTT decision will only run up to when your claim ends (when you fail to attend the wca).

a new assessment will not affect backpay, the appeal decision will apply up to the date of the new decision following assessment.

sometimes they do have an assessment without an esa50, but it might be worth your while to put all of the descriptors including support group that you meet with info down on paper for the assessment.

If you don't attend the assessment, any appeal decision will only apply until the decision that you failed to attend the assessment.

Yes cheers, I have just realised that.........won't get too down about it now though.

As I can't see how they can suddenly place me in the WRAG if after the last three years they have suddenly come to their senses and placed me in SG....

It was WFI I was getting confused with!

So even though you're in SG, you still have to attend WCA?

Do these get given a 'prognosis' too?

Well, they set a time to be reassessed and yes 'prognosis'. I'm usually assessed every couple of years, and was supposed to be reassessed a while ago, but have benefited from ATOS losing the plot and being replaced - I expect my ESA50 will be through the letterbox soon.

sorry to tell you this, but you should still attend the wca. You risk your benefit being stopped if you don't attend and would probably be due for reassessment anyway even if you had been initially put in support group. Waiting for a decision notice on an appeal isn't good cause not to attend.

I understand that after the long fight, you don't want to be put in the position of having to fight again - but my concern for you is that if you don't attend you will have a completely different (and in fact harder) fight on your hands.

It is of course up to you.