GE Money Mortgage arrears charges

joncow75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

,I have a mortgage with GE Money that has an arrears amount of £500 on it, due to missing my payment in March after I was made redundant.

I'm in a payment plan paying an additional £50 per month over the next few months to get it back on track.

No issue with this at all, and nothing getting added to the account.

However having had issues before in the past,

I've noticed that I have nearly £1900 of charges from previous times my payments was late.

I've never been more than a month in arrears.

£25 returned DD fee's and

£40 admin charges soon tot up

From the little bit of reading I've done on mortgage charges,

I get the feeling that I can be looking to get some / all of this back as the fee's are unreasonable and high in comparison to a high street lender.

£40 for a letter to be sent every 2 weeks is not exactly justifiable

I'm reading a lot of people not getting much joy from GE Money so any advice or success that anyone would like to give me some hope on?

• 2 years later...

Hi all

I didn't actually do much with this complaint back in 2013 as I still had arrears on the mortgage and didn't need the hassle. With getting myself into a payday mess too, I kind of buried my head on the whole mortgage thing until I was a couple of months in arrears

Now i'm clear of all that, had some refunds that have helped me out and intend on staying the right way with finances going forward. My mortgage is up to date as of this month for the first time in a while. However like many people on here my mortgage was sold by GE Money Home Lending to Kensington in May of this year. Letter dated the 9th May arrived on the 13th telling me my mortgage would transfer on the 12th!! Thanks for the notice. What Kensington do have is a nice website I can pay my mortage through so I don't have to have a DD set up, and all my payment info etc is available 24hrs per day. What it does show is that I have £0 in arrears but other amounts due of £3,389.41. This is all £40/£50 arrears fees and the interest applied. I have no intention of paying this rip off amount as I know the charges are nothing less than disgraceful and do not for 1 second represent the cost to GE Money. Now i'm up to date, the telephone calls and letters have stopped, I want to get this all sorted. Do I complain to GE Money or to Kensington? I told the nice lady on the phone at Kensigton I had no intention of paying that money as she said I had to take it up with G E Money. Would this be correct. Happy to have my day in court with them, esp if they no longer have my mortgage