Chazzy vs Barclays

Charlotte III
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I have decided to jump in and get started with claiming bank. I have no idea how much Barclays have claimed from me in bank charges over the years but I'm sure its in the thousands.

This site is a God send and I appreciate any help and advice along the way.

I have 3 accounts with Barclays

1 is a business account

1 is an account with a couple of pounds in

1 has an overdraft of £800

I also have a barclay card with a balance of £260.

I have a range of debts and I am just about to start debt management/counselling, so we can eat more than beans on toast again!

My other credit cards are MBNA, Alliance and Leicester, Am Ex and Sainsbury Bank. I have set up a parachute account.

Concerned about whether I can send a letter to Barclays at the same time as debt agency are contacting them to renegotiate my debt? Should I pay this off first?

The bank charges are a seperate issue to the debt problems you're having. Irrespective of the debt situation, you have a right not to be ripped off.

Your first step - as with all claimants here - is to find out how much is involved. Send an SAR to Barclays head office, with the required £10 cheque. Quote your account numbers, but make sure you ask for all information about dealings betwen YOU and the bank - one request covers all your accounts with them. Then take it from there, one step at a time.

As regards the other issues - take a look around the debt forum and you may pick up some useful tips for dealing with creditors and collection agencies.

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.