theowl v FD

theowl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Sent DPA letter 18/09/06. Received standard reply 22/09/06 saying matter been dealt with. Aware of 40 day time limit blah blah blah....

Phoned Friday 13th - chase up call - as no statements had arrived. Again they said aware of deadline of 01/11/06 and was in process of "typing up" martini notes and collating statements.

Received statements and notes today (18/10). Initial tot up = £2763.50.

Just about to prepare my spreadsheet of charges.

Will keep you all informed :rolleyes:

Rtpin uo notes my @rse.

it is a case fo printing them off, they are afterall just electronic notes held on the system.

Just an excuse for delaying.

At least you have your statements now, have fun with a highlighter and double check them all from start to finish, dont want to miss out on any penalties.

I would also double check that you have all the statements, i found by pure chance over £300 of penalties, the duplicate staements i was sent had pahges missing.

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds early in the morning

@Joebloggs - they go through the notes and remove people's names, and good ness knows what other information...!

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

:lol: Just checked the statements twice and the final tally is £2,756 - have now prepared the spreadsheet and the letter on its way by registered post to FD.

Really spurs you on when you see "overdraft fee" of £25.00 and "Excess overdaft fee" of £124.00 in one month for the sake of being £50 over my agreed overdraft.

:grin:

That is a tidy sum of money. Go for it Owl.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

ok so far so good - today received reply from first direct "we do not agree your contention that the charges which have been applied to your account are unlawful ......................"

"If you wish to escalate your concern ...... contact Robert Kernaghan"

I know that I need to submit my LBA but have one quick question - my first letter was sent on the 19 October giving 14 days - do i need to wait or can i send the LBA to Mr Kernaghan asap.

:grin:

I sent my LBA before the 14 day deadline as they replied to the orignal request.

So yep if i were in your shoes i would send it out now.

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds first thing in the morning.

HSBC, they tried they failed, they coughed up in full

To all the others beware i am heading your way next.

I agree with Joe. If they make it clear that their response is final then you can proceed with your LBA.

• Haha 1

Matt

First Direct: £6639.77 settled in full

MBNA Visa:

Co-Op Visa:

Capital One Visa:

M&S Financial Services:

IKANO Financial Services:

"All the truly great men are dead - and I'm not feeling too well myself."

• 3 weeks later...

whooohoooo!

Looks like you'll have a nice Christmas with all that money! :-)

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50