Eviction ** Suspended **

J402
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not all courts have them unfortunately although sometimes the CAB or local authority housing advisors can be there.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

If you can show you can afford the repayments going forward, and something off the arrears I'm sure you'll be fine.:-)

• Confused 1
The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Good news got the eviction suspended.

I informed the Judge that I was last before the court in June 2009 and had cleared the arrears by May 2011 and showed him statements to support this. I also handed him the letter offering empolyment. The Judge asked was I able to make any payments before I got my first wage, I said that I was unable to pay anything as I was currently unemployed. I offered to pay the monthly mortgage plus £42.07/month to clear the arrears on receiving my first wage. The Judge said he was suspending the order and my first payment need not be until 31st July. The solicitor for the bank said that there was a contract issue as I was contractually obliged to pay between now and July 31st as the arrears will have increased by 3 months payments. The judge said that he saw it not only as a contractual matter but as a social matter as I am currently unemployed and as I will be paid monthly my first payment needn't be until 31st July. Also quoting the Norgren case the Judge said that the arrears would be cleared within the length of the mortgage.

I'd like to say a big thank you especially to Ell-enn and everyone else who has given me advice and support on this forum.

That's great news - well done :) sound like the judge was very fair.

Were there any duty legal advisors at the court ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thank you Ell-enn. He was very fair he said that there were many people unemployed, and in the same situation. I sensed that maybe he thought that the banks were all too ready to evict.

I asked if there was a legal advisor but was told that there wasn't one today, but sometimes there was.

Good news got the eviction suspended.

I'd like to say a big thank you especially to Ell-enn and everyone else who has given me advice and support on this forum.

Great news, really pleased for you, and as Ell-enn said well done :)

• Confused 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Great news. Well done.

• Confused 1
The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.