• Tweets

• Yup, well so far they have lied to me about responding to a CCA,  are threatening me with a default notice that they don't have, produced a knocked up version of my NOA, sent me 29 pages of spew for an agreement. No wonder they pay 5 p in the pound for that crap.
    • Paragraph 2. I think there should be further down and also you should make the point that the payment to was made unilaterally and without the imposition of any conditions. Paragraph 3 – this is unnecessary because you are not claiming as an entitled third-party. This worries me because it makes me feel that you haven't fully read around because this is a paragraph which you would include where you were suing EVRi as a beneficial third party because you had actually made your contract with Packlink or some other broker. I think you need to revisit and do some more reading. I'm afraid I have a sense that you have simply copied this from somebody else's witness statement without understanding that it wasn't necessary. Please can you post the amended draft. Other than the suggestions above, it looks okay – but let's see it again for a further appraisal. In terms of the evidence, parties bundle, I think it might be an idea to start off with the correspondence with EVRi and then go onto the other evidence. You will have to amend the index page accordingly. You could shorten this bit. Take 19 is pretty well blank and you may as well miss it out also, there seems to be some repetition of emails and the email chain. I think will be worth going through and getting rid of duplicates if you can. 49 pages is a bit long and it would be a good idea to try and reduce the number. I have a feeling that 50 pages as the County Court limit anyway. The judge will be happier with you if the bundle is smaller. Maybe you could reduce the size of some of the images or messages et cetera. You have got several messages which straddle onto a second page so that things like sign off information and standard confidentiality information become orphans. A bit of manipulation and they could be joined to their parents I think. Page 31 as an example. So is page 19. You may only be up to shorten the whole thing by 56 pages – but I think it would be a good idea. 56 pages is, after all, 10%. If you can do more then so much the better
    • Investment by Dutch brewing giant will create 1,000 new jobs and reopen dozens of closed pubsView the full article
    • Qantas agrees to pay millions to settle lawsuit accusing it of selling tickets to cancelled flights.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

vsouth v Halifax ***WON***

vsouth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can somebody help me and give me some advice on how to use these spreadsheets. I am trying to make a spreadsheet calculating the 8% interest ready for filing my N1. Have been sat at my PC for ages trying to work it out. I am using the Simple version on Google with the statutory interest. Where do I put the 0.00022 and how do I calculate this. Really confused!!!

Please anyone???

HALIFAX:mad:

Statement request letter sent 17th Oct 2006

Statements received 02 November 2006

Prelim letter sent 03 November 2006

Offer letter received 18th November £450!

LBA sent 20th November

Court claim deemed served 9th December 2006

WON!!!20th December PAID IN FULL!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

i struggled aswell! there are some spreadsheets in the step by step instructions bit, they calculate the 8% for you, the 0.00022 bit is for the court claim bit, you just times your total charges (just the charges-not with the added interest) by 0.00022 and that is your daily rate!

i struggled aswell! there are some spreadsheets in the step by step instructions bit, they calculate the 8% for you, the 0.00022 bit is for the court claim bit, you just times your total charges (just the charges-not with the added interest) by 0.00022 and that is your daily rate!

Thanks mawrey! Just been trying again to work my way through it. I have entered all my charges. The total of JUST my charges is £2489.00 so do I multiply that by 0.00022 to find my daily rate of interest??? If so do i then enter that into the spreadsheet. I am using one out of the template library. Have just filled it in using 0.22 in the daily rate of interest. Any help would be much appreciated. I am at the court claim stage so am feeling slightly nervous and want to get this right!!! I am having a real dizzy airhead day today!!!!:grin:

LBA sent 20th November

Ok. Have just gone back to spreadsheets and changed my daily rate of interest to 0.55 (2489.00x0.00022). My spreadsheet is as follows:

Claim date: 30 Nov 2006

Interest rate: 8%

Total claim: 3179.94

Daily rate of interest: 0.55

This makes the interest total £690.94. Does this seem correct??? Think I have brain meltdown!!!:grin: :grin:

LBA sent 20th November

Ok. Have just gone back to spreadsheets and changed my daily rate of interest to 0.55 (2489.00x0.00022). My spreadsheet is as follows:

Claim date: 30 Nov 2006

Interest rate: 8%

Total claim: 3179.94

Daily rate of interest: 0.55

This makes the interest total £690.94. Does this seem correct??? Think I have brain meltdown!!!:grin: :grin:

Sorry in advance for being an idiot!!!:grin: but when I change the daily rate of interest in my spreadsheet it does not alter the TOTAL amount of interest. aaahhhh!!! have not used my brain like this for a long time!!!:-)

LBA sent 20th November

Sorry cannot help you there, spreadsheets are like aliens to me.

But the one I downloaded from the libary suited my needs and I have left at 0.8% for all adding up of interest.

Mind you before I go to court I will asking a lot of questions and posting my sheet for people to judge and advise on.

Keep on carrying on claiming the right

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

If you find that I have helped in anyway please click on the scales to left of the screen- Thank you

Advice & opinions of Scouser9 are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

50% Of claim offered by The Halifax 09/12/2006

LBA letter sent 11/12/2006

Refusal in part of Payment sent 12/12/2006

Halifax settled with £4200 agreed amount 27/12/2006

Survey Submitted and Donation Made 02/01/2007

PPI Claim Sent To Halifax 25/11/2008

PPI Claim Halifax Won 31/12/2008

PPI Claim Sent To Carcraft 22/12/2008

Hi All,

Just been to my local court and collected the N1 claim pack. Just a couple of questions, Please can somebody tell me what I write in "Brief details of claim" and do I need to send in copies of my statements aswell as copies of my spreadsheet? I have copied the particulars of claim from the template changing what i need to. Any help would be much appreciated as I really want to get this bit correct!!

Thanks

Vicki:)

LBA sent 20th November

:) Just been to my local court and handed in my N1 forms and £120.00. Very helpful at the court. Checked all my forms and told me the procedure. The lady who helped me said they have had a lot of these just recently. She was very interested in it. She even wished me luck!! Anyway all I can do now is wait....:)

LBA sent 20th November

Had my form back from the court. They have deemed the order served on 9th December and the Halifax have until the 28th to respond. Just a waiting game now I suppose to see what they do next. Will keep you informed. :)

LBA sent 20th November

Hi all,

Was looking through my court form yesterday and realised that the 14 days that the court have allowed the Halifax is 14 WORKING days and these include Xmas day and boxing day. They have not included these as holiday dates. I decided to ring Halifax legal department and spoke to Jamie Mcgill?. He sounded really stressed and told me they had not received my court forms yet but to ring him back on Friday and he would check then. The thing is I wanted to remind him that they only have until the 28th to reply to the court and these included Xmas etc.. and he said that they have so many claims going through at the moment that they are snowed under.!!! I did remind him that if the court had nothing back by 28th then I could claim a judgement against them but after reading lots of threads this seems to drag the process out longer. So I will keep gently nudging the legal department to avoid the judgement route.

LBA sent 20th November

sorry had to laugh at your last post lol ,you said that you spoke to jamie mcgill (still laughing) and he sounded really stressed ,i too have had conversations with him yesterday and the day before that ,he didnt sound too stressed the first time but he definately was by the time i,d finished with him lol,please feel free to read my posts and u may get an idea what im on about lol oh good luck with claim

sorry had to laugh at your last post lol ,you said that you spoke to jamie mcgill (still laughing) and he sounded really stressed ,i too have had conversations with him yesterday and the day before that ,he didnt sound too stressed the first time but he definately was by the time i,d finished with him lol,please feel free to read my posts and u may get an idea what im on about lol oh good luck with claim

Hi,:)

It was after reading your thread that I decided to ring him!!!! I got the phone number off your thread. Anyway will be speaking to him again tomorrow. Give him a bit more to stress about!!!

LBA sent 20th November

Hello,

Just a quick update. Rang Rachel Hinchliffe this morning to find out whether they had received my court papers. She has just rung back to say they have received them and they will be filing an Acknowledgement of service and that one of her colleagues will be sending a letter to me shortly. So they will either pay up or leave it for the extra 28 days and then defend. Is this correct? At least I now know they have my court papers though.

Waiting, waiting, waiting........:-D

LBA sent 20th November

hi vsouth im in exactly same position as you only i havent phoned them yet as im not sure what to say (i want my money),jamie mcgill told me wed last wk they have now got papers and they were due to defend fri 15th but as far as i know they havent so now have till 30th then i file for judgement,its really stressing me out coz i was hoping to have it for xmas ,if you have any thoughts on what i could say when i phone them it would be great many thanks lucy

hi vsouth im in exactly same position as you only i havent phoned them yet as im not sure what to say (i want my money),jamie mcgill told me wed last wk they have now got papers and they were due to defend fri 15th but as far as i know they havent so now have till 30th then i file for judgement,its really stressing me out coz i was hoping to have it for xmas ,if you have any thoughts on what i could say when i phone them it would be great many thanks lucy

Hi Lucy,

Firstly I would ring Rachel hinchliffe NOT Jamie McGill as he seems to be a little bit slow! All I said on the phone was had they received my court papers yet and asked them if they realised that the court had not taken into account the christmas day and boxing day holiday. The halifax have until the 28th to respond to court which is fine, all I was querying was if they had now received them and the timescale to include the holidays. I explained to Rachel Hinchliffe that I would file for a judgement if I had not heard anything by 28th. I think probably the best thing to do is ring Rachel and speak to her. Either way they still have until the 30th so there is still time for them to pay or defend. Have you asked your local court if they have received anything from them yet?

Rachel Hinchliffe number: 01422 391 096

Good luck Lucy. It really seems to be a matter of waiting now. I know its hard and stressful but you have come this far so hang in there.

LBA sent 20th November

thanks for that vsouth i am now going to ring her and see whats happening ,this must be the worst bit (waiting) ,keep checking account ,practically hounding the postman (must think his xmas,s have come all at once)lol.anyway will get back to you asap ,thanks again for advice :)

I havn't rung Jamie mcgill -maybe I should and stress him a bit further, I am also waiting have now filed at the court on same timetable exactly as vsouth, but I have never had any phone contact at all with anyone from the halifax.ever, don't they want to talk to me? - does it help to call them?:-D

I am also claiming from the TSB and I am having a bit of a laugh as the new address I have is from a Debbie Gilbert in Andover, Hants. My Husband used to do the recrutment there and we lived just around the corner! I went to school there and the name does ring a bell!!! now that would be funny!:p

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

:D Oh My God!!!!! I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Just checked bank and its gone in this afternoon!! Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!!Will do survey and donate as soon as its sunk in!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

LBA sent 20th November

Well Done Vsouth - Congratulations!!!!!

We Are Were On The Same Time Scale - And Halifax Just Put The Money Into My Account Today!!!

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...