lloyds and bcobs on unauthorised CPA?

gillianpalmer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have a debit card account with lloyds tsb,this company refuses to stop microsoft withdrawing money without my consent every month,they are causing me great hardship
No one can take money from your account without your consent. If you have cancelled a direct debit and told the company that it is cancelled and they do not have your permission to touch your bank account. They are bound by the direct debit guarantee and they are liable if they still allow someone to take money once your direct debit is cancelled. If they refuse to help, they have failed to protect you and to protect your account. There are also laws protecting unlawful access to your account electronically and through fraud which taking money from your account without your express permission is. Report Microsoft and your bank to the Trading Standards and ask them to help you to recover the money or to take action. Also you could consider bringing criminal charges as this actually amounts to theft. Before you go any further; close your current bank account, cross the road and open a new one for your money to be sent into it and do not set up any more direct debits; there are alternative methods of payment. If you open a basic bank account you will not need a credit check and you can get most of the same day to day operational services as any other account. Take as many copies and download the direct debits and fees and print them out with your statements; you can use them in a complaint to the banking ombudsman. Write a stern letter to Microsoft and to the bank telling them you are not happy, complain about their taking the money and make it clear they do not have permission to take any more and demand a refund and compensation. Send a copy with your complaint to Trading Standards and close your account. Good luck

P.S National Westminster did the same to me. I took all my money out; had future money into another account, did all of the above and charged the bank with fraud and Talk Talk. I got £300 refunded from one lump sum that went out; plus every one of the direct debits back and I got all of the charges refunded and £150 in compensation from Talk Talk and £300 from the bank. It pays sometimes to let these people know whose money it is that they are failing to protect.

• 2 months later...
i have a debit card account with lloyds tsb,this company refuses to stop microsoft withdrawing money without my consent every month,they are causing me great hardship

Have you considered reporting your card lost?