• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Anney63 v Abbey *** WON ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could only call them from the hospital and left a message. Had a message on the answerphone when I got home. I will give them a ring on Wednesday as to much going on at the hospital to worry about. I will give the court a ring as well, see what happened at the hearing, which is tomorrow. I am hoping the judge strikes the case out, as abbey have failed to comply with the order. However the Judge may give them more time to comply, as they must be seen to be fair. Although from all the cases being dealt with in the courts and the underhanded tactics used by the banks, patience of the courts must be wearing thin. I do know from the message I received that abbey are not attending the hearing. I am not sure wether to believe that or not. Only time will tell, keep you posted.

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

Hi Again

Really finding it strange Abbey have not responded to either of my letters filed N1 27th Nov Deemed to be served on 29th and yet not a whisper. It's as though they are ignoring the entire issue. Oh well they will have to speak up sooner or later. :confused:

Hi Anney,

I think abbey are snowed under regarding your concerns.The response I had was to try and put me under pressure on the telephone, so beware. Get it all in writing before you agree to anything.My N1 was served on 30/08/06 and still fighting for it. Sure you will get it before the wedding, but they will try to put obsticles in your way.

Regards bish.

Hi Anney

how are things, heard anything. Not heard a peep since sending a letter Monday.

Regards bish

Hi Bish

Well still nothing from Abbey. Can't believe that they haven't responded to anything. Judgement on 13th Hope that's not an omen. No doubt they'll wake up before then. I did an MCOL against HSBC for my other son and guess what only put wrong surname forgot he didn't change his name when I remarried. Oh Dear never mind phoned court and sent N244 and new N1 just in case . What a moron I am put it down to stress . Have so many grandchildren to buy christmas pressies for working full time and husband not been too well but certainly on the up can't wait until January 1st this year will be over .How's things with you hope wife is on the mend. You'll soon have Abbey out of your hair and things will certainly improve

Regards

Anne

Hi Anney,

Know the feeling and glad you spotted the mistake early on, so easy to make mistakes when you are under stress. You like me and many others on this site could do with a better New Year. The wife is home and on the mend, gave her a day or so with her feet up before expecting her to clear the back log of washing up, washing, ironing, and cleaning. Sorry got to go as my expectations are never quite the same as the wifes, and she is to tired to use the remote control to turn the TV over. Only joking of course, I think she is already fed up with me keep nagging her to take it easy. She hung some washing out the other day while I was at work, she took each item out one at a time, can you believe that. Her consultant faired no better as she badgered him to let her out early, which he did, this is after having a bowel resection. You can see I have got my work cut out. Speak soon.

Regards bish.

Hi Bish

Glad all is going well with your wife. You know what us females are like hate sitting and letting someone else do the work (never done to our liking). Well no news from Abbey really odd judgement day tomorrow will ring the court to see if they have any news. And take judgement in on Thursday. Any news on your claim ? Will keep in touch I will need help. I don't know what Abbey are playing at.

Hi Again

Well nothing from Abbey. Judgement Request going in tomorrow morning 10 am. Can't believe they're ignoring such a large claim . No doubt they will request judgement to be set aside "eventually". Will keep you informed

Anney :rolleyes:

Hi Anney,

Well done in getting judgment by default, but think abbey will ask for set aside. I hope they don't so you can send in the debt collectors, which could be your next step. I think, as with my case, which is for a similar amount, that they are just using more and more extreme tactics. You may receive a request to settle out of court in the future, this is just another tactic to do you out of money. Do not agree to anything unless you are happy with it and have it in writing.

Regards bish.

Hi Bish

I would dearly love to send in the Bailiffs but i have been reading uyp on this and apparently they can only go in for £5k if this is the case I,m not prepared to lose over £4000 or can they go in more than once. How are things with your case no more news? I thought it would be over by now. Hope your wife is still making good progress.:oops:

Hi Anney,

Call in two lots of Bailiffs, that should do the trick. I am not sure on the law regarding this but I would assume that If we owed the bank over £5000 pounds they would be able to recover the amount through debt collection agency. You could also issue a default notice against them an make them a bad debtor, not good for their credit reference or for that matter their lending licence. As I say I am not up on this, but whats good for them must be good for us. Not had any more communication with them regarding my case, so assuming I will have to submit a new AQ by the 11 January 2007. Wife is doing OK and on the mend. Think I will write to the judge after the 28 December pointing out that abbey have disregarded both the orders he/she has applied to this case and request their defence be struck out due to non complience of orders. I am tempted to push it in to the multi track and test case teritory as they have realy p***ed me off, and realy wan't the banks to own up to their lies.

Regards bish.

Hi Karnevil

Do you think it appropriate to phone or mail the Abbey not heard a thing since I sent the Prelim. Now entered request for judgement by default (14/12) I have no phone numbers or mail addresses so would need contact details. This seems weird as looking at threads everyone gets a response of some kind on reaching this stage (even GOGW). everything has been posted Recorded and special delivery so know they have received the letters. Would appreciate advice

Hi Anney,

I am assuming that you have checked with the court that they have had nothing from abbey, in which case you do not need to contact them. The Judgment will be issued and sent to the defendant by the court. I think they then have a period in which to settle the amount, if they do not comply you then send a request for enforcement to the court, form N323 Request for Warrant of Execution, there is a charge for this. I would hope that they will pay on receipt of the judgment.

Regards bish.

Hi

Update phoned the court as not heard re judgement and would you belive Abbey acknowledged on 14/12 they advised that they have until 27th to file a defence . Really annoying as I phoned the court before I took judgment in. Not too worry here we go on the roller coaster. Like a challenge

Anney:D

Hi Another update today received 3 envelopes from court. 1 was my request for judgement returned. 2nd was notice of Acknowledgement 3rd was Abbeys standard defence only difference looking at some is an extra line saying the defendant is not entitled to claim interest. Signed by Inga. so got to wait now for AQ. so will need some help shortly no doubt Happy Christmas everybody I for 1 will be looking forward to the New Year

Not too much further to go now Anney! Hang on in there. Bish is doing a great job of guiding you in the right direction by the looks of it - your in good hands.

Have a great Christmas!:)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi All getting a bit anxious defence received 22/12 still no AQ . Looking at some of the other threads AQ's appear to be received the same time as defence. Should I contact the court or do you think the Xmas Holiday has caused delay. I Don't want to rush this as it seems to be the most difficult part.

:x

Hi Anney,

Yes, give the court a ring - they're open today. You should have received an AQ with the defence.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

As it stood when the claim was issued. The daily rate accrues automatically so there is no need to include it.