• Tweets

• Hi,   My friend was being bullied by a manager who kept saying that anonymous people were complaining about her, she is asian and the minority where she works, she raised concerns in her meeting that she felt it had something to do with her race and gets treated differently to the rest of her colleagues due to off the cuff comments previously made and was told by her manager that as a minority she has to prove herself more as a minority in life and thats unfortunately the way it is. Following on from this they’re were more anonymous complaints all revolving around her attitude when speaking to the anonymous individual(s), she then had a meeting with hr initiated by her managwe and expressed her concerns, no outcome was given as the hr person said it was informal and a week later she has been told that she is being made redundant, my question is there were no specific incidents mentioned and my friend is still confused exactly how this came about but suspects it’s her manager who has taken a disliking to her, is this lawful?
    • Thanks for advice . I have spoken to the ICO , and their opinion is that there “may “ be cause for complaint . In the first instance I should write to the hospital (CEO)citing GDPR, giving them 30 days to respond . If the response is not to my satisfaction , then back to the ICO to raise a formal complaint . The ICO also suggested copying in the GMC with the complaint , I feel at present that is one step too far , perhaps I will sit on that until I get a reply from the hospital.
    • Thanks ethel and stu007   Yes, we had the kerb double dropped so me and my partner can park off the road. Before , just had one, and idiot would park in middle of properties so couldn't fit two cars on road outside. Has been issued a good 3 or 4 PCNs for obstructing since done. Its the back of the car, sometimes as far as a wheel but has a long boot/bumper which hangs over, so its not fully over. Recently seems to be as far as can without getting a ticket.   CCTV - shall read up thanks. Oh also, when I say 5 CCTV, that is 4 on property (100% out of boundary) and 1 in car which is lit up all night.   Does this count as harassment? The initial start of this thread, about 6 threatening letters asking me to pay for vehicle damage or court (nothing came of this) The constant parking annoyance (going on a couple of years) The loud music, witnessed by Env heath officer but not quite loud enough for notice, so letters sent. Paint 'accidentally' spilled on road outside my property (because was parked over our drive at time) Letters about rubbish outside my own garage at rear of properties and the 4 screws attaching bamboo to his fence. Then reported me for fly tipping, didnt go anywhere as officer agreed wasn't causing an issue. I have since sorted the screws and bamboo and idiots fence is literally falling apart. Concreting over 1/4 of my grass in rear lane whilst doing own part. Stupid things like having a BBQ and the parasol sticking way over the fence into my garden. All very subtle and annoying things to cause issues, without quite breaking the law.   The council are aware and claim powerless as own properties and the police pretty much are not interested.   What can be done?    Cheers   E!              
    • Hi, any thoughts on this would be greatful, will send tomorrow i think.. letter_15th_oct.pdf
  • Our picks

pcdokta

Need help regarding Personal Guarantee HSBC

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2451 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I am a new user and would appreciate some advice on my situation.

As director I jointly signed a guarantee with HSBC in 2002 for an overdraft of £13,000

I resigned as a director of a company in 2003, which was done hastily, and left to the accountant to sort out.

(foolish I know)

The company was in good credit at the time of resignation.

In 2011 I received letter from HSBC quoting " the above company has been placed into liquidation on July 2011, attached is a letter in respect of the Guarantee you have given this company.

After explaining my situation to HSBC they advised me that they would not release from the guarantee, but would not pursue me if the existing director and guarantor paid the debt. (which he hasn't)

The debt was passed to Metropolitan Collection Services, who ignored all correspondence from me.

Now i've received a letter from Wescot demanding over £30,000?

I rang them to tell them I didn't owe any money to anyone, they couldn't even find me on there system?

Is there anything I can do, I have a statutory declaration from the other director stating that I don't have anything to do with this debt or the company.

Regards

PC

Hi welcome to CAG, I would check with a solicitor, but surely your liability ended when you resigned as a director, the statutory declaration and the resignation should suffice.

Please stay off thr telephone deal with this inwritting only.

Write to Westcott and tell them your directorship has ceased and send a copy of the stat dec.

BTW do you have a copy of the guarantee document, if not insist the bank produces on complete with the terms and conditions.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I checked with solicitor they said I have to pay, a personal guarantee remains until you request to be released from it.

Yes I received a copy of guarantee from HSBC.

Ahh I was presuming you had done this on resignation, not so??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

How many were signatories to the loan?

Do you have your own house as mortgagee?

You will need to know why this loan has increased by so much. Can/are you talking with the other directors?

their are two signatures.

yes i have a mortgage

yes i am talking to other signaturee

regards

If you are on good terms with the others, then get together over a pint and see if they will accept the debt as theirs. If they do, then get a legal document declaring that and bobs your uncle. You really need to do this before a course of action or settlement if feasible.

If they won't agree, you could still let a court decide if you remain liable.

How, after 10 years, has the loan increased, has it been topped up? it would appear that way.

I already have a statutory declaration stating the debt isn't mine, should I get one that states the debt is other signaturee.

I think the total debt is 30k owed to HSBC by other signaturee and they may have linked accounts (just guessing)

I assume my debt is 13k thats what i signed for on the guarantee(guessing again)

thanks

When you sign a guarantee, you promise to repay the debt if the borrower fails to do so. It does not matter if you resigned and it does not matter if you have a statutory declaration (I am not sure what you mean by this declaration). Only HSBC can release you, not the company and not the other directors.

If there are other guarantors, HSBC is probably chasing all of you at the same time. However, if you are the only guarantor, then we have a problem. If the other directors did not sign a guarantee then they probably don't have to pay anything, even if they were directors long after you were. You can ask them to pay but if they are not guarantors then they may refuse.

You probably agreed to guarantee the company's whole liability. This will probably include interest, collection costs and penalty charges as well as the main debt. Check the guarantee to see what it says. The figure will probably be higher than 13k, how it has reached 30k and whether this is justified I cannot say. You should ask for details of this.

It is definitely worth investigating what happened with the liquidation. This debt should have been paid when the company was liquidated, assuming there was enough money in the company. If the money was paid away to the shareholders when the company was wound up you may be able to clawback some of that money. You can get a copy of the liquidation documents and accounts by paying a quid on the Companies House website, you should do this urgently. Let us know what these documents say.

Edited by steampowered

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I have read thru guarantee, basically reads amount payable under this guarantee limited to £13000 interest at 3% above base rate from date of demand which was 2011.

In liquidators report in reads under secured creditors, The company created debenture incorporating a fixed and floating charge in favour of HSBC (same date of guarantee), at date of liquidation the companies indebtedness to HSBC was est £30k and a claim of 39k has been received.

Dont know what that means, could you please let me know in plain english.

Thanks

The liquidators report means that in the event the liquidation results in any surplus (dividend), HSBC will be paid off in preference to other unsecured creditors.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

I have written to HSBC to clarify the debt over 3 weeks ago but I have had no reply, how long should I wait.