Obesity: Fat People Could Face Benefit Cuts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fresh veg really is no more expensive than prepacked food neither is fresh meat, for example lambs liver fresh greens mashed potato feeds 4 for less than 1.00 per head (I know because its some of the shopping we brought today) and we are not on benefits or a budget it happens to be one of the meals we enjoy sometimes, buy a chicken roast it oneday and use the remains up in a casserole or curry the next, not expensive, having said that one of the real problems is that many people do not know how to cook fresh food, yes it may take a bit longer to prepare than sticking it in the microwave. having said that i am not saying you would weigh less eating fresh food but its better for you and your bank balance.

Ready meals are ok sometimes but not all the time and you actually dont need to always have meat or fish with a meal, at the end of the day an awful lot of poor eating is down to laziness and lack of domestic skills.

as for making benefit claiments go to the gym ok if its the weight that is stopping them getting a job I suppose but it wont help if they are still eating rubbish

Edited by citizenB

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always find research to say one thing and then some more to say the opposite, it comes down to which one you believe or better still find a middle ground and hope for the best. Just try and eat a balanced diet containing a bit of everything but cut down on pre packed processed foods if you have them a lot, it really comes down to common sense, we all know that if we eat more than we need and dont work it off we put on weight dont need the Nanny state to tell us that.

• 2 weeks later...

A jacket potato with a topping of cheese or beans is healthy, easy to prepare (just put it in the oven or microwave) and definatley cheaper than a ready meal, there is a load of nonsence about the cost of fresh food and yes markets are cheap but you can buy fresh, not very expensive food in the supermarket, however in the majority of cases I think it comes down to those that cant be bothered/or dont know how to cook from scratch and those that do cook from scratch because they can.I accept that there are a few people who cannot cook due to disability and that is a different subject. when I see people in supermarkets loading up their trollys with prepacked ready meals, crisps biscuits etc etc I do seriously wonder when there isnt a fresh ingredient to be seen.

But eating fresh isnt going to make you slim though coz if your like me you eat fresh healthy food but too much of it.

Nystagmite I think we all know that you have a number of problems and got to say you usually talk a lot of sense and give good advice but I think you are taking this thread a bit too seriously, it has turned into a discussion, no one is saying everyone is the same or we can all do the same things, but I do think on this occasion you may be looking a bit too deeply into this.