Help With Lowells and M+S Card debt

gamekeeper01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For sure, if you signed in store, then you were very likely not given the terms and conditions to read as they would have been wanting to get you signed up and spending.

Terms and conditions MUST be present at signature.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I cannot open the 2nd document.

Does this contain your signature anywhere ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I cannot open the 2nd document.

Does this contain your signature anywhere ?

it takes some 30 odd seconds to open CBA

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

S'ok.. I needed to update adobe.. :(

From what I can see this is a charge card - but the print is quite blurred.. were you allowed to take cash on this in the early days or was it purely for shopping in M&S !

BCOBS

Hi both, yes my sig is on the document. I don't recall if I were allowed to take cash or not. Sorry, not being very helpful here. I copied the docs as 500 dpm so what you see is what I have.

Given what you can see and what I have said any views?

Cheers

If you look at this thread from 2009, it looks like the card agreement you have is for a STORE card you couldnt spend it anywhere else other than M&S.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?230339-M-amp-S-Storecard-to-Credit-Card

The link I gave you a couple of posts back is a current thread, where in a similar situation, it has been proved that M&S simply upgraded store cards to credit cards, without any reference to customers and also with out any of the correct paperwork that would make their new credit cards enforceable.

If you read the document you have to establish what type of card it actually is, then you will have your answer.

If it was store card at inception the paperwork you have is for that particular product.

If it was then later upgraded to a Credit card (which it obviously was) then the document you have is no good at all for the current credit card - there are substantial differences in a store/credit card and it is a new product.. for which a new agreement and a signature would have been required.

Please read the Diana Mayhew Judgment I linked you to in an earlier post.

BCOBS

Hi CB, and thank you for the prompt reply. I did read the link you posted with great interest. I will now try to read the docs I have but they are not overly legible and establish what it is I actually have.

At the end of the month we'll see where Lowells go with this, it wil be interesting if nothing else. I will keep you posted.

Many thanks so far.

Cheers