• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Big Fight With NAT WEST ***WON***

Deller
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yate......why, do want to buy a ticket?

Umm!! perhaps I could make a few quid here!! :lol:

No mine was Filton - just be funny if it was same branch - but nice of us to spread the doom!

I'll be in MAdrid anyway.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We could all come along and be your cheer squad. I do a very good hiss and boo

When they they say 'O h no you can't'. we could shout, 'oh yes you can'

it is panto season after all.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trouble is Nat West don't seem to have a sense of humour - or cobbetts for that matter!

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Don't suppose any of their staff will be going to the Xmas panto then!!

A freind of mine used to work for natwest and got a reduced rate mortgage - anyway she borrowed more to extend house and realised about a year later thatshe was overpaying - after a few bacardis on a friday night we drafted letter to chief executives office asking for refund and compensation - she got it £600 and compo of £200 and a promotion to manager for observation and initiative! Got amde redundant about 4 years later with a hughe payout as well. That was after we went to a posh xmas party and had more bacardi:D

Yes and quite a few disapproving looks from the higher up bank staff. Iam not confessing on a public forum what I actually did - but she was frozen out of clicky conversations on the monday back at work:)

Any news on the 1st yet?

Thanks Ally, I'm going to go to my branch Sat morning to try and resolve this matter, I will do as you've suggested and highlight the main points in the T and C's and also make notes for my arguement, don't suppose it'll be as exciting as your day though!!

Well done again Ally, great result ;)

If they say that they don't do this or have nver done this feel free to quote my details - I am off to sunny/rainy madrid for weekend so if you want details let me know.

Thanks Giz, that would be great if I could quote your details, anything to back up my arguement. I'm rather looking forward to this, the CAG site really gets you in the mood for these sort of things.

(You can pm me the details).

Have a nice time in the sun :) , alright for some, perhaps I'll treat myself once Nat West have paid out!!:rolleyes:

If I wait for a full payout - I'll be too ld and infrim ot travel by air.

Madrid -£38 return from Bristol

5* Hotel in Central Madrid inc brekfast £205 for 3 nights -

£281 forthe two of us. ...............Surely Cobbetts can stretch to that:rolleyes:

Sounds pretty good to me. You could probably do with a break, the hours you spend on here, saying that you'll probably end up in some internet cafe checking out the progress! :p

No - going with estranged husband - says I think more of PC than him - :rolleyes:

At least heunderstands something about me :)

Actually allysia, it says the bank may require you to open an account. That would presumably need some sort of notice in writing.

deller, I may be being silly here but I thought the idea of a parachute account was in case the bank closes your account. To my way of thinking that would mean leaving the new account on the back burner in case the bank close your original account. If you intend to switch anyway, why not just close the account? I know it would likely still cause the same problem with NatWest but if they've never told you you have to have an account they can't really do much.

Just my HO.

That's the problem - they won't let him close account.

Threaten to sue em as well - for trying to monopolise your banking activities - point out they are getting paid by SO from another bank and that shoul be enought ot fulfill their loan repayment requirements - they'll look pretty silly i ncourt saying wel lthe repayments are up to date but we are unhappy because it didn't come from an account maintained within our business!

Don't do DD from new account - gives em too much control - SO.

Good Luck

Allyxia (sorry for spelling it wrong in the last post):

Unless I've missed something, or you know something which hasn't been posted, I don't think deller has said that the bank ever said they required him to open and maintain an account. The fact that he did so voluntarily, possibly because he already had the account, is not the same.

However, I appreciate everything else you and gizmo say.

I would agree with you about setting up a standing order. They can't stop that being paid then and can hardly do anything about it in law, since there is no breach of T & C, particularly if the NatWest account is kept open and empty. Presumably the definition of maintaining an account is merely keeping it open, not actually cycling any money through it.

The other thing, I suppose, would be to keep the DD on the Natwest account and transfer the exact amount into it each month from the new account. Depends whether you want a quiet life or fancy a showdown over principle, I imagine.

Natwest take DD's and other payments out on a Saturday if it is due on monday - if this missed Dellahs new SO into there then he will be charged prob twice - once for returned DD and once for late paying.

It is not in the terms and conditions - they clearly told me it was their preferred method of payment - if they wanted to take it further then they would look pretty silly in front of a judge trying to monopolise a member of publics choice where to bank when they are up to date with repayments.

• Haha 1

I'm sort of expecting that to be Nat West's move in my case too, demanding repayment of my O/D, hope its not this side of Xmas though otherwise ther'll be another heated disscusion at the bank again. lol

I certainly hope you're right about this cheque, at least when I get mine you'll know yours is very close behind! :)

They have to give you 28 days notice and as your account is in dispute they can't do it anyway.

Phoned the court earlier to see if Cobbetts had returned their AQ but the lady was unsure. She's just phoned me back to say that it hasn't been returned and that my file will be up before the judge either 2morrow or Monday.

Hopefully good news - but bear in mind they could have faxed or e-mailed at 4pm and it just hasn't got to your file yet.

Either way it won't be long.

Any ideas about the above, or what happens now? :confused:

Hi dellar - more waiting I'm afraid - they don't have to pay a fee with AQ claimant does.

I have had correspondance from them striking out my interest claim - will post full details tomorrow - been spending time with family before they forget who I am:???:

Oh Giz, I'm sorry I forgot you have an investment account with NatWest also. Maturity date nearing girl.. Do you still have that worthless cheque?

Still have cheques and application ot strike out balnace - war is on.

I have a court date in Bristol 22Feb - guess yours will be the same Dellar

and application to strike out.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/11431-nat-west-3-claims-10.html#post411911

Don't worry Tracey you will get full run down of my post.....today I got phone bill, offer for boiler insurance, guaranteed prize with Readers Digest (yeah right), and another £100,000 cheque from Capital One....when will they learn that I'm not interested. Unfortunately nothing from Cobbetts.

ps I think someone else needs that nitro shoved somewhere......Cobbetts springs to mind. LOL

Oh dellar - what happened to the 3 mill from the spanish lottery I won today - sort the post my friend:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...