Course repayment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have worked in my job for 5 1/2 years I have been put through a course which I have to pay back if I leave within two years of doing the course which I am about to do! Due to not getting enough hours in my job I have had to seek new employment! My question is should my present employer allow me to set up a re payment schedule to repay the course? As I have heard in the past they have withheld employees final wage to recover course money? Can they legally do this ! I hope someone can help as am not sure where I stand with this

Look carefully at your contract. If there is a clause which you have agreed to which allows the employer to deduct the entire cost from final salary, then all you can do is plead. In the absence of a clause which is specific enough to allow this then you may have some room to argue, but dialogue is normally the preferred option.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!