• Tweets

• Not really. I just wrote it based upon my credit file data with screenshots and stuff.  Also referring to multiple data points. You need to read before sending or writing it.    I have plenty of experience in this stuff so takes me half hour to write something like this. For you itll take an afternoon probably. An additional day with it on your CRA wont cause a problem.     Reference Material; ICO Credit File Guide - https://ico.org.uk/media/your-data-matters/documents/1282/credit-explained-dp- guidance.pdf ICO Main Page For Credit - https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/credit/ CMF Limitation Act 1980 - https://www.checkmyfile.com/articles/the-limitation-act-1980-and-debt-time-limits.htm Gov Limitations Act 1980 - https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/58/2023-11-18 (Latest Version) Transunion 6 Years - https://www.transunion.co.uk/consumer/credit-report-help/how-long-does-information-stay-on-my-credit-report-for Equifax 6 Years - https://help.equifax.co.uk/EquifaxOnlineHelp/s/article/Howlongdoesadefaultedorsettledaccountstayinmyreport Experian 6 Years - https://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/guides/defaults.html#:~:text=A default will stay on,you still%20owe%20them%20money
    • Thanks fkofilee , by any chance is there a templete for guidance that i could use to help me write the complaint?
    • Hi everyone,  There were many topics on this issue in the past. May I please have an update if anyone managed to buy or sell the house with the leasehold air space on it? would the bank lend the mortgage?  If I was not informed about the complications when selling the house. instead, they told me that this would add value to the house and sell faster which is the opposite. Can I file the case and dispute it for mis-sold and misrepresentation?  I am in the year 9th and I was not aware of the issue until I wanted to sell my house. There has been no communication since I signed the contract. The company has never contacted or updated me on how much energy the panels generated how much I used etc.    This is a free panel from the government schemes, run by  Freetricity.   Thank you   
    • All together.   
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

ESA appeal process

QuestUK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, I was notified last week by telephone that i failed my medical examination for ESA. The lady i spoke too said i could go on JSA or launch an appeal. I told her that i would need a few days to consider my options. In the end i have decided to make an appeal against the esa decision. Basically, because i thought the way medical examination was conducted was unprofessional.

My question is how do i start the process of appealing? Do i need to send a sicknote from my Doctor? Do i contact CAB? DWP? Is there a form i need to send? etc etc

Thank You

Hi

What you need to do is obtain form GL24 which you can download and print from here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017514 or you can get a copy from any jobcentre plus, or you can write a letter of appeal. Ensure that you clearly state that you wish to appeal, and that you wish to continue receiving benefit payments, if you ask for a reconsideration your money will stop until a decision is made. If you send any additional evidence to the DWP make sure your name and national insurance number is clearly written at the top of each page.

You have one month to submit the appeal from the date you failed the WCA, and you will need to submit a med3(sick note), you continue submitting med3's while you wait for the hearing, and until such time as the tribunal makes a decision, the DWP will automatically do a reconsideration of your claim and if they won't reverse the decision it will go to the tribunal, the DWP will send you a large file of paperwork which will have a copy of your ESA50, the ATOS report, etc.

Be prepared for a lengthy wait for the appeal tribunal.

Hope this helps

Edited by osdset

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

the first thing you have to realise is this is not in an way or form a 'medical examination' it is a process designed specifically to deny people benefits, you are going to have to appeal on the basis that you meet one or some of the descriptors, appealing because you thought that the examination was unprofessional im afraid will get you nowhere....as os has suggested get the gl24 and fill it in remember to send 'fit note from the day your benefit was denied otherwise you will have a gap in payments.

if you believe that the the so called HCP was unprofessional complain to ATOS, your MP etc, also find out whether the HCP was a doctor or nurse and complain to GMC etc....you will be paid at assessment rate waiting for appeal £71 p.w.

:Appeals:

:evil: Unfortunately, a sign of the times. :evil: Particularly our Pinocchio Times.

Not mine, but we've had a local (blue) Member of Parliament complain that knowing how to appeal is becoming part of the claim process. Did suggest that s/he was better placed than me to deal with the :lie::lie:.

Margaret.

Thank you guys for your advice it has helped me a lot. My examination by ATOS if that's what i can call it was conducted in a way which was completely unproffesional...Anyway, I have my gl24 form how much information should i write on this form at this stage should i just keep very basic?

For example, i write "i am appealing against the decision that i am not entitled to esa" because i feel im not capable of work and i should be awarded a minimum 15 points.

And then go further into details later on?

Thank you guys for your advice it has helped me a lot. My examination by ATOS if that's what i can call it was conducted in a way which was completely unproffesional...Anyway, I have my gl24 form how much information should i write on this form at this stage should i just keep very basic?

For example, i write "i am appealing against the decision that i am not entitled to esa" because i feel im not capable of work and i should be awarded a minimum 15 points.

And then go further into details later on?

I would not quite word it like that, I would put

I am appealing against the decision that I am not entitled to ESA, for these reasons

I feel that I met descriptors ( whatever applies to you).

I do not believe the HCP's report was a fair reflection of what occurred during the WCA.

Please continue to pay my benefit at the (whatever rate you are on)

It won't hurt to add copies of any supporting evidence you have, once again ensure you put your full name and national insurance number at the top of each page you submit.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

:QuestUK:

You've got the idea but feeling you're not capable of work isn't enough. You need to add basic detail about why you're not capable of work in relation to the descriptors/special circumstances for an award of employment and support allowance. Criteria for an award of the benefit can be found in a useful booklet which can be accessed by Googling ESA214.

Now, about that unprofessional messical? Got any evidence?

Hop over to 'Atosh HCPs and Unethical Behaviour ......', started by RaeUK, on the Atos forum. #35 is my experience of complaining to the Atossers. Not suggesting that you don't complain. Just be aware that it's dammed hard work and very stressful.

Best wishes for your appeal, Margaret. :panda: