Debt dating back to 1993

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't think that you should be advising someone in this position to stop paying for any reason! and I am amazed that this site would allow you to post such a silly suggestion. Yourbank however should be providing annual statements and I suggest you write to them and simply complain

Hi, I think if the bank cannot advise what is outstanding then you should stop payments until they do it seems that they are milking you completely.

I would suggest a Subject Access Request under The Data Protection Act 1998, this requires the creditor to provide ALL data held on you and the account.

There is a £10 statutory fee for this and the creditor has 40 days to provide the data, there is a template in the CAG library you can amend to suit.

In your case this request should have the following included:

The request is to include but is not limited to ALL statements of the account showing ALL payments made to the account since inception to the current date.

You should send the SAR addressed to the Data Controller at the bank together with a cheque/po for £10 marked clearly ''for statutory fee only'' use recorded delivery.

• Sad 1