style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just start writing down what you spending every day in excel. It helped me realize where I am spending to much on. I tend to forget how much I already spent on some things so it reminds me to on how much i still can afford each month

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's not always easy to remember to put it in a spreadsheet so a little notebook to jot things down also help, either as a reminder for a spreadsheet, or to keep a tally as you go along.

Friend of mine had to take over the household accounts from her husband when he started driving her mad when he began doing graphs of their electricity and gas usage!

My boss has everything budgeted for the next 2 years!! He is an accountant though.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

For those with smart phones, there are apps for budgeting. Let you put in income, spending, recurring costs like standing orders. Avoid direct debits as much as possible as you don't have control over what's taken out of your account.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Chrissy,

thanks for reviving my last post and glad you found the spreadsheet useful.

I have become complacent and haven't started using my spreadsheet this year.

I think I'm going to start rolling through it all.

Whilst I think apps are marvelous, you cant beat filling in a spreadsheet yourself. Just a suggestion, as I have the same problem with updating my spreadsheet, how about setting diary reminders to update spreadsheet as and when you need to?

best wishes

BB