• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

the long road ahead - Abbey/Santander - *** SUCCESS ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have found this site very helpful in the past so let’s hope it continues i am about to enter the confusing world of ppi claiming

i have had a good read on claiming back miss sold ppi and some say it's easy and some say it's a long hard slogg lets hope mine's not the latter

firstly a abbey loan paid in full with a (consolidated loan) on 02 /2005

i know i was miss sold it because the phone call to abbey stated that if i did not take out ppi from them i probably would not get the loan so if that's not miss selling what is

i have the final settlement letter with dates and details is it to late to claim just over 6 years ago ?

on the letter it shows a

less rebate of payment protection premium of £42

can i still claim for the rest ?

Secondly i have found a cpi services contract for ppi for 60 months from 3 / 2004 £1.391 same again the salesman said if you don't take out ppi now you may not get the mortgage

i have others i am looking into

this is just the start the largest is with the consolidated loan company on 1 /2005 £3250 added to the loan same as the others told i have to have it from them before the loan would be offered

so it's the dates i am worried about :|

ok all i am now getting my head around this and find it much easier with all the helpful link’s if i do win there will be a donation to help keep it running and help others

just a couple of quick questions

If i win the ppi for the loans i have paid off in full is it right assume that because i owe them nothing they will pay me the refund in full ?

But because the loans were paid with a consolidated loan i am still paying to date would any refund of this ppi be deducted from the balance i owe?

Any info or help would be appreciated and of Corse thanks in advance

They can only set off against notified arrears so if the current loan is up to date then the refund must come to you UNLESS you have any arrears on any other accounts within the same banking group.

If your overdraft is within an agreed limit then the refund should still come to you as you have not breached any terms of the OD.

Having said that, some might say that paying off the OD would not be a bad idea to reduce the charges you are paying.

I am at a standstill with a loan with ppi from abby and it goes back 9 years i have looked at my bank statements going right back to march 2003 but am unable to confirm the amount borrowed and when it started i do have all the payments for the loan up to the settlement letter that was sent to me when i re financed and paid it off in full in 2005

Am i right to assume that abby would not be able to send me my details of this loan even if i send a sar due to the timescale? and the consolidated loan started on 2005 i do have the agrement for this tho so it should be ok i hope i.m still paying it now

Is it worth pursuing the abby loan or is it a lost cause because i cannot remember the total borrowed or when it started

i am still compiling a list of others (quite a large list now)but it is taking quit some time i have been at it after work in my spare time now i have found in the workshop my bank staments it makes for quit unnerving reading and i can see i have been well and truley riped off

thanks in advance

Ok all thank’s for the help ims21 still trying to get my head round this

I’m still looking back and I’ve just found all my bank statements going back to 2001 with the abby only a couple missing i found a old suitcase in the workshop over the weekend i had forgot about the statements do contain all my payments from the beginning of the abby loan to the final settlement figure but i cannot see the total borrowed for some reason it looks like i missed 2 payments near the settlement date tho would it be possible for someone to help me to work out the loan and ppi from the figures i have is there a mathematical wizard that can understand this :|? co’s I’m at a loss

I don’t think sending a sar would give me any more info after reading other peoples dealings with abby and it looks like they are sticking to the 6 year cut of point! In my opinion that is

I can give dates and the exact amount paid in full over the full loan period with the settlement figures and the ppi and interest rebate

As usual thanks in advance

If you haven't got the figures for the loan you can just send in a completed fos questionnaire as a speculative claim and see what comes back.

Without knowing how much you borrowed and the PPI premium added to the loan then it won't be possible to work out how much PPI was paid.

If it were me I would SAR them

thanks for that ims21 a sar it is then just a quick one what account \ref number do i put in he sar is it my own account number or the account number of the loan or both ?

and can you point me to where i might find the correct address for santander just to save posting it to the wrong one

You can narrow the SAR to the accounts you are interested in by giving the relevant account numbers. Or you can give all account numbers and add a line to the SAR that it is not just limited to these accounts but is for any and all accounts ever held.

Send recorded to the registered office addressed to the Data Controller

Santander UK plc. Registered Office: 2 Triton Square, Regent's Place, London NW1 3AN

• Confused 1

ok all i have posted the sar to santander at the weekend including the £10 postal order i have everything crossed at the mo

i have now got citybank and cityfinancial in my sights would i have to send 2 sars one for each or are they the same group would i be able to sar just the group or is it better to go the individual root and where should i post them to

it may be sometime between posts due to work commitments so if i don't get straight back you know why

• 1 month later...

hi it's been 43 days since i sent the sar and postal order to santander and i have had no reply or even a letter confirming that they have recived it what's the next step i know it was signed for on the 6 august at 9.15am

should i give them a ring or is there a letter to send again

thanks in advance

hi all thanks for the help i have now sent the failed sar letter with a copy of the original sar but i am thinking this is going to be a longer road than first thought!!

what will happen now ? i have given them another 14 days rather than go to court but if i have to what's the cost ? and will santander have to give me the infomation i require or is there a possibility i could loose and not recive any info from santander and be back to square one maybe it would have been better to pay someone only time will tell now

thanks again

To issue for non compliance I think will be about the £30 mark. They will have to give you everything they hold on you.

Have you read this thread?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?208966-Me-and-Them-SAR-non-compliance-claim.-**SUCCESS**

A compliant to the ICO may help if you don't want to go the court route to start off with.

• 3 weeks later...

hi all

ok then i got home on thursday and to my suprize i had a reply from santander it contained 1 small letter and a copy of my loan agreement so i can now move on to the next step making the claim i will use one of your templets and have a go at working it out myself if i get stuck would it be ok to ask for some help with the calcs i am also wondering how the rebate i got when i paid it off should be calculated in

thanks in advance

hi all i am finding it hard to understand the spreadsheet the note's in it are not very clear i have been at it now for most of the afternoon and i am more confused now than ever

do i have to manualy put every payment i made in ppi over the full loan term 60 mounths that means i will have to input 60 payments all the same apart from the date !!!! is this correct or am i realy thick

as i have said in previous posts i paid it of early and got a rebate from them in 2005 what should i do about that how do i calculate this

You need to work out what percentage of each repayment was for PPI.

What is the amount of the cash loan?

What is the amount of the PPI loan?

What is the total monthly repayment?

What is the date of the first repayment?

What is the date of the last monthly repayment?

What is the date of the settlement?

What does the loan statement show as regards the settlement figure i.e. balance before any rebate was applied?