• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cheque Centre Confusin and Nightmare - COURT PAPERS SERVED

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Court is a LONG way off, if it even happens. Dont worry about it.

If it does happen, its not like you see on the tv. It's you, a court rep, and the other parties representative ( if he/she even turns up, they usually dont). They put their case forward, then you can supply all info to back up your side of the argument. The judge/rep will look at both sides and decide FAIRLY what judgement to grant.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Youre not getting a summons. It's a civil case. Youll just get documents in the post which you acknowledge by filing online, then you can figure out a defence and send the papers back. It's NOTHING like you see on tv, so dont worry.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Call the coop and open a basic account over the phone. As long as you dont have a history of fraud, they will open one there and then.

DO NOT speak with capquest. They are well known liars and bottom feeders. Get another bank account and get your money in there just to be safe. Once the debt is repaid, you can send your money back to the other one.

It's a necessary evil if you want to pay your debts and have a safe income at the same time.

If you contact capquest, you will be given the run around and a ton of lies. Plus it would defeat the entire point of signing up with payplan.

They have asked me to get in contact with then by 24.07.12 I can't change my bank account now with my work as it has to be more that 7 days notice, which has passed now. Hopefully I'll be safe till then, you think? As they still won't know I'm in a DMP eh? This has been some day for debt companies. HAd the manager of Cheque Centre on the phone saying what I was told a few days ago was wrong and they would accept the DMP but the papers would still be served but I've just to ignore them, is this usual practice?

You need to get a complaint into the OFT now. They are trying to get judgement by default by conning you into ignoring the papers. This would mean you are liable for the entire amount.

He doesnt do it specifically to you. Dont worry about it. They do it to everyone. Calm down, dont worry and follow the advice given so far. You'll be fine.

So I should get the papers on Monday or Tuesday, then what?

They probably havent even applied for them yet.

What havina stella is saying, in even simpler language is that the money you allocate in that letter, the bank is not allowed, by law to release it for bills/payments etc.

Spend some time and have a good read of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?327930-Getting-Started-With-Your-Debts-*****-PLEASE-READ!-*****

That will answer most of your questions. Then we can answer any you have left over.

Get the new account open, get your money switched to the new account, then start thinking about debts and repayments. The main concern you need to address is securing your money.

If the new one is with a different banking group, then nobody can touch it apart from you. We've seen a few times, where people have had debts, theyve moved to another bank, but in the same group, and the banks have shared account details. Once you have this new account, NEVER pay any bills from it. Send the money to one of your other accounts and pay them, or set up a standing order.

Under no circumstances use a debit card to pay a bill with a debt collection agency. You can guarantee they will abuse it and share the account info with other DCA's.

Tesco bank used to be a joint venture with tesco and RBS

yep. If you send them back to the court or to them, the claim would still go ahead. The claimant are the ones who have to stop proceedings. You dont have to do anything on that front.

IF you get court papers, let us know. You Must do certain things with them in order to defend the claim. it will also mean the possibility of attending court if the claimant doesnt discontinue the case.

Ill flag for admin advice for you and to move the thread to legal. I'm thinking that they are expecting judgement by default, but once you fill int he paperwork and prove you will be at court to defend, they will try and settle out of court.

As i mentioned, ive asked an admin to come and help advise on filling the paperwork. I would help myself, but im not 100% sure on which forms to fill in, and you NEED it to be 100% accurate.

You have a set number of days to acknowledge the claim, then once that happens, you get more time to submit a defense plus all paperwork. An admin or someone with much more knowledge of court papers should be along soon.

Edit out reference numbers and personal info.

Theres a couple of reference numbers on there. Thats all.

Yea. Just edit the reference and summons numbers out and you should be ok.

Have you told payplan what has happened throughout this debts life? Especially with the extortionate and unfair charges.

Please edit your personal info from the PDF.