Endeavour Personal Finance / Freedom Finance Loan - Reclaiming PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice re: reclaiming mis-sold PPI. I took out a loan, secured on my property, to consolidate various debts. The loan was provided by EPF but Freedom Finance acted as brokers on their behalf.

The PPI was a added to the loan as a single upfront payment of £3177.50 - I didn't even realise I had it until I decided to look through old finance agreements after a friend successfully reclaimed mis-sold PPI.

The loan was taken out in Aug 2003 and repaid in full in Aug 2007.

I have had read a few posts on various sites that give me the impression that this will not be a straightforward process, and I am likely to be given the run-around, whereby EPF will point the finger at FF with regards to the mis-selling.

I am considering contacting a PPI reclaims company to deal with it on my behalf if it is going to be a time-consuming & complicated process........

Any advice on who would be liable for the mis-selling of the PPI policy - Endeavour or Freedom Finance - and should I use a company to deal with the claim on my behalf (???) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

There is no need to use a claims company...they can do nothing that you cannot do for yourself and they will charge an absurd fee for doing it.

Always start your reclaim with the company you were paying the premiums to.

You've got your agreement and I assume you have a record of payments?

If so you can use this spreadsheet to work out the claim amount.

Have a read of No.1 in my signature for the method.

ims

Thread moved to PPI forum

That's great, thanks for the prompt reply, sending on the spreadsheet.

I don't really want to go down the claims company route so thanks for your advice on that too.

Yes, I have the credit agreement and a record of payments, so I will plug the numbers in and see what I come up with.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

How are you getting on? I got told "No" because the broker is not UK based.... but Ive read elsewhere that new rules and regs have come into place which safeguard against this... Ill be following your thread and will keep me fingers x'd for you. ;)

How are you getting on? I got told "No" because the broker is not UK based.... but Ive read elsewhere that new rules and regs have come into place which safeguard against this... Ill be following your thread and will keep me fingers x'd for you. ;)

Hi, received a reply from EPF last week acknowledging my complaint and informing me that as I had approached & used a broker - Freedom Finance - then any complaint re: PPI mis-selling should be directed to FF.

I have subsequently replied acknowledging their letter,, and quoted section 54 of the CCA 1974 stating that they are responsible for the actions of the broker (as I understand it!?!) - can anyone advise if this is correct???

The credit agreement between myself & EPF, which included the PPI policy premium, was regulated under this act........I have not written to Freedom Finance as yet although EPF kindly provided their contact details.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...