kevin versus abbey egg mint and the whole world if they want some!!!!!!

kevhotmail
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Preview 9th october-EGG-sent 1st letter and email requesting return of fines and interest £120 plus £2.86=£122.86

12th October. received letter from egg stating why they impose charges(computers and staff!)sent 2nd stage letter today recorded.

hi.........erm....here goes....

my situation is that i have banked with abbey all my life (well at least 15 years). for the past 6 years i have paid charge upon charge upon charge. i hate banks!!!! they have done NOTHING to help me. Once abbey reduced my overdraft by £500 and still charged me fees on top of this from the previous month. half my wage gone just like that. ...of course this caused me to incur more charges the following month...:x ....they have screwed me for 6 years!!!

The fact that they show no leaniency, fairness or understanding makes EVERYONE hate banks. and foreign call centres....but thats another story!!:)

I was passed the info about this site a few months ago by a freind who knew of my money problems. he found out about it from This Morning.ITV. Not sure why he was watching This Morning...but i quickly forgave him when he told me about this sight.

I have held back my claims until i got on my feet again.........and now......I AM READY!

So, i think I'll start with EGG. They owe me just 200 or so pound. I have got my statements online, so can get straight on to this one without having to wait. Mint probably owe me the same but cant start that for a couple of weeks.

..but then....when I have fought and won a couple of battles......comes ABBEY.

This is my WAR!!!

they owe me a fair few Thousand as I have paid fines every month for the past 6 years. give or take a few months.

I have already recieved 2 years of statements and will request 6 years worth soon.

........and so........its late so I will sign off tonight and let you know how my first battle goes.......

thanks for reading this far....good luck to you also!!!!

Morning Kev and you are very welcome, it would help if you stick to the same thread as us nosey beggars can see how you are doing, and if you have any questions or queries, we can see instantly, also it might help, if you havnt already done so, to read the FAQ's and step by step instructions, there are links to these and also the spreadsheet with interest and a link to moneyclaim online in my signature, ut you sound like you know what you are doing, so good luck and we look forward to hearing of your successes :-D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

thank you for your kind words.

help is something we all need to get through.

found it hard to calculate how much interest I have been charged by EGG from their illegal fines.

worked this much out......

this claim is for £120. (past 7 months)

A seemingly simple one compared to whats coming from ABBEY. ( past 6 years with lots more charges):D

As it is all online...I have phoned them up to check that i have no outstanding charges. I have just cleared my balance. they also gave me a phone number to make a complaint.0800 753 4393. and said I can send an email which will be replied to within 24 hours. link on web

GILL- 17:17p.m. (phone contact)..nice chap...strange name!!..for a bloke!

Customer Relations Office

Egg plc

Riverside Road

Pride Park

Derby DE99 3GG

sending letter tomorrow. email tonight. phoning number tomorrow.

OH NO....The maths!!

interest on bill states cash interest 1.597 per month. i X'ed this by 12 and divided by 364 to get daily rate. i was always overdrawn from march till july when charged these fines. until i paid whole balance off JULY 25th. I worked out how much each fine had accumulated interest......wow...hope that makes sense....would be easier to not mention it on such a small claim....OH YOU CAN KEEP THE FEW POUND!JUST GIVE ME 120!!:)

Amount Date Incurred Days since offence Interest at 0.00052648 per day

£20.00 2/5/6 84 £0.88

£20.00 17/5/6 69 £0.73

£20.00 2/6/6 53 £0.56

£20.00 19/6/6 36 £0.38

£20.00 2/7/6 23 £0.24

£20.00 18/7/6 7 £0.07

Interest of 1.597 per month equates to 0.00052648 per day

Days since offence calculated up to 25th July when balance was paid in full.

£2.86 interest charge on the fines.

therefore I am owed £122.86

hope this is correct figure....:confused:

au revoir.

hi lola just wondering how I can keep a simple rundown of whats happened so far like the one you have in red. ie. date and action taken. thanks .kev

12/10/06 standard letter from EGG stating why they impose charges (to pay for their computers and staff apparantly) said they could close account. balance at zero so ........please do!.... onto the next stage....posting letter today. nice tohave had a quick response.