tenant wants to by my property....but..

sandwedge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, hope im in the right place,

i have a tenanted property, that is being dealt with by a 'fixed charge receiver', due to may past financial problems.

the tenant has been given notice to quit the property, then the 'receiver' plans to hand control back to the morgage co(ge money) so they can take possession and sell it.

my issue is that the tenant wants me to give permission for her to speak to ge as she want to buy the property and does not want to move out.

Can this happen.? surely the property has to be in vacant possession of ge for them to sell it on the open market, and getting the best price for me to clear the mortgage..

thanks

As you say vacant possession will give them the best chance of getting the best price.

The tenant will probably have to move out and then make an offer on the property once it's on the open market.

It's worth advising GE of the tenants position and see what they say.

yeah, GE are 'getting back to me'. i have not given permission for tenant to speak to GE, not only do i not want my finances disscussed but, from past experience with the tenant, i am concerned that she will try to renegnotiate renting it (as she knows she cant get mortgage)..which is not what i want.

long story but i want the house gone...it was due to be repo'd 18mths ago but tenant used her rights and then the receiver got involved

Ah right I see now.

Well firstly you are right not to give her permission to talk to GE or anyone else.

Have you told her that you want the house sold? Ask her to do the decent thing and move out.

Not sure where you stand on this legally. I'm sure you'll get some more replies soon.

panic over i think....GE finally back off what must be a long long lunch....they have never heard of a tenant buying a property from them before it is vacant and on the open market. it has to be vacant and sold, obviously tenant can then buy it if they give the best offer.

thanks

if anyone knows anything else about this subject please reply