• Tweets

• Only trying to help.  Ain't being nasty.  Some
    • Hi folks, I've just found previous documentation. I thought it had gone missing. I'd forgotten that I did appeal it through POPLA but I can't find the thread on here that, I assume, I posted for help. Appeal letter is dated 27/10/2020 with a rejection. I genuinely had forgotten about this so apologies for misleading you. A lot has happened in the years since the ticket was issued. We closed down a couple of businesses and moved to the opposite end of the country to retire. The documents I have are scanned copies. I no longer have the originals. If there's anything you'd like to see, please let me know and I'll post them, although it probably won't be until tomorrow now, but I'll be looking in on this page tonight. Thank you for the responses so far :)
    • Hello! After emailing them I received this reply:   I have drafted the following, please would you be able to comment as to if you think it is correct/sufficient? "Thank you for your email.   Thanks you for confirming that the vehicle does not have these features as stated in the advertisement.    I am sure you are aware that the Consumer Rights Act 2015 provides the short term right to reject within 30 days. Statutory rights cannot be taken away from a consumer, and any attempt to do so is illegal.   Please can you advise how best to return the vehicle?" Thanks in advance!
    • I find that highly disrespectful Sir/Madam just so you know.
    • Not quite sure what you are trying to say but anyway please could you avoid posting solid blocks of text because it is extremely difficult for people to follow – especially if they are using small screen such as telephones. I have restructured your post above. Properly spaced and punctuated please. Thanks
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Scooterist007 vs Woolwich

scooterist007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm a newbie as awork mate put me onto this site, and an excellent one it is! My first claim is with the woolwich, I sent out a a data protection act letter on the 29/09/06 and I received a list of all my charges. Sent a LBA today for £2700 so expect a sorry your unhappy letter soon!

I will keep you all posted

Claim Woolwich

Data protection act letter sent 29/09/06

List of charges received 04/10/06

Claiming £2931.66 inc 8%

PreliminaryLetter sent 05/10/06

31/10/06 Offer of £1000!

LBA sent 07/11/06

Claim More Than credit card (Lloyds TSB)

Another Data protection act letter sent 03/11/06

Claim Captital One credit card

Data protection act letter sent 07/11/06

Phew I didnt add my 8% lol, i suppose its just a waiting game now! I just wondered though, I am in arrears with them, I had a £500 overdraught, and I changed banks because I wasnt happy with them, I was -£490 and then the woolwich allowed aol to take out £17.99 from my debit card, which put into the red, so they then charged me a £30 fee for using my card and charged me a unathourised overdraught fee, then a month later they allowed aol to take out another £17.99 and even more charges! now when i opened up my new account i transfered my wages to be paid into my new account, and i transfered all my direct debits and standing orders but forgot about my payment to aol. now when I transfered my account I just destroy all the letters that had 'woolwich' written on the envelope, it wasnt until I got a letter from a collection agency I realsied what was going on and now they say I am -£900 in arrears, Now my question is, the £2700 I am reclaiming, will that go on the balance of -£900 or just the £500 overdraught if you get what im saying!

Reguards

Claim Woolwich

Claiming £2931.66 inc 8%

31/10/06 Offer of £1000!

LBA sent 07/11/06

I presume that the £900 overdraft includes all sorts of charges and interest, if the only time you have used the account is for your monthly AOL ddm.

Have you included all these charges, and the interest that the charges have cost you, in your £2700 claim?

If you have, then yes, they will almost certainly look to clear the overdraft balance, and send the remainder to you

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06

im not sure, I just added up the charges listed on the sheet that the woolwich sent me, so I suppose so!

I got a letter on the 06/10/06 from the woolwich saying the usual blurb about sorry you feel let down on this occaison blah blah blah and we aim to resolve this matter by 03/11/06. and sent me some burb about not holding back on my feedback!

well they got a shock if they think i am waiting til the 03/11/06 for them to resolve this lol

Claim Woolwich

Claiming £2931.66 inc 8%

31/10/06 Offer of £1000!

LBA sent 07/11/06

I got a letter on saturday stating that my complaint has been handed to barclays head office and I should send all letters to them!

Claim Woolwich

Claiming £2931.66 inc 8%

31/10/06 Offer of £1000!

LBA sent 07/11/06

• 3 weeks later...

Right then, I got a letter from Barclays saying things along the lines of 'we are sorry you feel the bank charges are unfair blah blah terms and conditions blah blah'

but we are going to give 1000 pounds back as a good will gesture!

Now I'm not accepting a grand, I want the full amount, but what do I do next, I read through other posts of people accepting these first offers as part payments but my letter states 'in full and final settlement of you complaint'

so if I accept this offer in part payment, will I be able to pursue the rest?

Also to claim the rest, do I send out a LBA or do I phone them up?

many thanks

Claim Woolwich

Claiming £2931.66 inc 8%

31/10/06 Offer of £1000!

LBA sent 07/11/06

Hi Scooter

Write back using this template - just fill your details in.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

They will probably not even bother writing back so you will then be onto the MCOL stage once the 14 days are up.

Don't bother with any phone calls - it aint worth the time!!or effort!!

Follow your timescales - NOT THEIRS!!

I am sure you have read them but do read and follow the procedures in the FAQ's

Good Luck fellow Barclays Basher!!

NatWest

01-08-06 - Request for refund sent etc followed by all the other nonsense!!

18-10-06 - Settled in full - DONATION to site made:)

Woolwich

01/08/06 - Prelim letter sent

03/08/06 - Acknowledge letter received from Woolwich

18/08/06 - 2nd letter from Woolwich

21/08/06 - Acknowledge letter received from Barclays

13/09/06 - Offer letter received

19/09/06 - Confirmed I will settle at my amount sent

06/10/06 - No reply so LBA sent

02/11/06 - MCOL filed

21/11/06 - Acknowledged rec

05-12-06 - AQ rec & returned

23-03-07 - Court date!!

Capital One x2

16/11/06 - S.A.R Rec

Wifes Capital One x 2

18/11/06 - S.A.R Rec

write back tell them youll accept their offer as an interim payment but will be pursuing them through the courts for the remainder theyll swiftly with draw their goodwill gesture so you just carry on and issue your claim !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Right sent today LBA and stated I wouldnt accept £1000 lets see what happens!

Claim Woolwich

Claiming £2931.66 inc 8%

31/10/06 Offer of £1000!

LBA sent 07/11/06

• 2 weeks later...

Right it is the night before the deadline! I have regesterd with mcol ready, but I dont hold much hope in barclays responding by tomorrow lol so it looks like im going to get more money than i thought! :cool:

Claim Woolwich

Claiming £2931.66 inc 8%

31/10/06 Offer of £1000!

LBA sent 07/11/06

• 3 months later...

hi folks, I have been a bit slack lately, with christmas and everything, and also work is a bit suspect lately, I havnt had the money to take woolwich to court, but I have been saving my pennies! and now think i might have enough spare cash, but how much is it going to cost me to take woolwich to court? any ideas?

Thanks

Claim Woolwich

Claiming £2931.66 inc 8%

31/10/06 Offer of £1000!

LBA sent 07/11/06

hi, thanks essjaysea,

also I sent a lba sometime ago, can I still continue with the mcol? like i said I have had money problems and couldnt afford the court fees

Claim Woolwich

Claiming £2931.66 inc 8%

31/10/06 Offer of £1000!

LBA sent 07/11/06

Hi Scoot! I was all ready to go for it before xmas but couldnt afford it either so paid the fees bout three weeks ago and theyve acknowleged the claim. Just calculate all the charges on the spreadsheet to give you an up to date figure and file on MCOL and kick some ass!

Good luck! Not that you'll need it!

:confused: babygclare

hi baby and thanks, well good luck to you too :D

Claim Woolwich

Claiming £2931.66 inc 8%

31/10/06 Offer of £1000!

LBA sent 07/11/06

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Scoot! Whats the latest? any progress? The 28 days to defend is up on Tues with my claim so just waiting at mo. Have you filed with MCOL yet? Its worth the being el skintos for a bit to know your getting somewhere.

:confused: babygclare

• 2 weeks later...

hi baby, well funds are tight so just getting the money for mcol and have sent barlcays the letter saying i will take the £1000 in part payment!

Claim Woolwich

Claiming £2931.66 inc 8%

31/10/06 Offer of £1000!

LBA sent 07/11/06

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I received a letter from barclays today saying sorry I was unhappy with their offer of £1000 and have now offered me £2000! and I am thinking about accepting it!

Claim Woolwich

Claiming £2931.66 inc 8%

31/10/06 Offer of £1000!

LBA sent 07/11/06

Hi, I received a letter from barclays today saying sorry I was unhappy with their offer of £1000 and have now offered me £2000! and I am thinking about accepting it!

how much is the shortfall? pesonally i would hold out for the lot