• Tweets

• So sorry it's took me a few weeks to respond back to you. Thank you so much for your response. My grandfather is clear about the pension deductions on his pay slips.  As I mention before all these went missing in the burgarly. We have tried Willis Tower Watson but they were not to helpful. I am stuck what we can try next. Thank you again.     
    • As a rough guess it would be your landlord who would be responsible. But you need to understand the extent of your losses before you can begin any claim. This means that you need to list out any expenses to which you have been put, any expenses which would be associated with repairing damage or cleaning et cetera. And then list out the inconvenience to which you have been put as a result of this. Any actual expenses – money loss which has been incurred already all that is likely to be incurred in result of repairs will need an inspection and to quotations which eventually you will present to the landlord. Even if I'm wrong and it is not the landlord – you will still need the evidence that I have listed above in order to begin any claim.  
    • Hi, I have been renting a three bedroom, top floor flat for six years now in England. Just so you know, there is a letting agent, landlord and a block management company involved. Eighteen months ago we had a considerable leak in one of the bedrooms, affecting the next door bedroom as well but not as badly. This led to a lot of damage to the ceiling and the formation of mould within the first bedroom and to a lesser extent in the second bedroom. As far as we are aware, the leak has only recently been sorted by the block management company(who owns the roof etc…) Just over three weeks ago, a large inspection hole was cut into the ceiling, the workmen (instructed to come by block management) who undertook the work did not put any dust sheets down over any of the furniture, causing an incredible amount of dirt and debris throughout the entire flat, rendering the room unusable. We were left on a Friday afternoon with a gaping hole and no instruction as to what was going to happen next. Only after contacting our letting agent to inform them about the state of the bedroom had been left in, with a gaping hole and bits of debris falling, did they come to do a temporary fix to cover the hole which was after a week. As the bedroom is still unusable. My daughter has for more than three weeks been sleeping in the lounge. The letting agent did offer to get the place cleaned, but we see no point until the job has been completed. My landlord has reduced my rent by £200 for the past couple of months and is now wanting full rent regardless of the work being incomplete. A plan has been put in place, however, we have not been given a timeline for when these will be completed and this could take some considerable time. In addition to this, there was a leak in the kitchen but this was very minor, and we have a major condensation issue in the bathroom as the extractor fan is apparently not strong enough so the ceiling is covered in mould which is now being revealed as the paint is flaking off. The problem we have is that the building (roof etc..) is managed by a block management company. My letting agent has basically said that the damage is the responsibility of the block management and this nothing to do with the landlord, and therefore, does not want to give us any compensation. What are my rights as a tenant in this situation? Am I entitled to a continued rent reduction or additional compensation given the ongoing uninhabitable condition of the bedroom and the disruption this has caused? I have attached photos as supporting evidence and would be very grateful for your advice. https://imgur.com/a/yfm4FP9 Should you require any further information, please let me know. Thanks in advance! 😁👍
    • I have just read it again and I see that you say that you are going to be claiming for time and stress. This is not recoverable loss so I think that you should leave it out.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

** Do you have, or have you had a DMP with PAYPLAN? **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We've heard a few reports that Payplan try and get those on DMPs to switch products, often to an IVA; have you experience of this? We're concerned as IVAs have significantly more implications and risks to consider than DMPs. Although IVAs can be a good option for some folks they are not always going to be the right option. In addtion, Payplan would make a lot more money from an IVA than they would a DMP.

Thanks.

Hello, I hope you do not mind us replying to your post. At Payplan we assess a client’s situation to determine what there circumstances are and what options they have available to them. Once a client is in a plan we will contact them annually to make sure that their plan is still suitable for them and they are maintaining their payments. As I am sure you are aware, peoples circumstances can change and this can mean that the route that they are on may no longer be their best option. It is then our duty to inform clients of this and present to them any other options available. This could be an IVA, if they are currently in a DMP, but we could equally advise them that bankruptcy is an option for them. Our main concern is always that the client is in a plan that not only suits them but is also sustainable for them with the aim to get them out of debt in the most appropriate way and it is never about how much money we make. I Many Thanks Gemma

Hi ...use Payplan and have never ever been directed to anything other then normal DMP ....have all the faith in this FREE TO USE DMP ....perhaps our circumstances have not meant any other ways forward but I would welcome the choices if they were given....have nothing but praise for Payplan as all our creditors have been more than willing to go ahead with the offers made on our behalf ...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS !!!!

Have previous experience with PayPlan a long time ago. Was on a DMP, but was advised against a Trust Deed (Scotland). Was a long time ago so can only comment from then. Really the opposite to what you were hearing, but I couldn't really say a bad thing about them other than they will not question the enforceability of Debts or try and negotiate a reduced settlement (again, from some years ago).

Have heard of other well known free Debt Management Firms going down this route purely based on them making more money. I wouldn't care to mention them by name due to legal implications - but your can thank the Tories for that ;)

I am not a qualified Debt Advisor, nor am I in a position to give Legal Advice. Any information I give is based on personal experience. You take full responsibility for acting on any advice or opinion I give.

To Date, I have written off almost £60,000 of Debt, through fighting Unenforceable Credit Agreements, negotiating affordable repayments and freezing interest and charges, and winning two cases after being taken to Court!

My biggest scalps are Halifax, British Gas, a well-known unscrupulous Solicitors Firm based in Scotland (which I cannot name for legal reasons!), Walker Love and Welcome Finance. If you require any help with any of these firms, I will be only too happy to put my tuppence worth in!

I must add, Payplan *are* excellent at what they do, and I would never not suggest contacting them. Just keen to see if getting those on DMPs to switch to IVAs was a regular practice. Perhaps it isn't? Hence the post here. Both Payplan/CCCS are recommended for DMPs - and both (amongst others) are recommended for IVAs.

I must add, Payplan *are* excellent at what they do, and I would never not suggest contacting them. Just keen to see if getting those on DMPs to switch to IVAs was a regular practice. Perhaps it isn't? Hence the post here. Both Payplan/CCCS are recommended for DMPs - and both (amongst others) are recommended for IVAs.

Hi

Basically they have to be better than companies who charge fees as all the monies paid in go towards paying off the debts with CCCS & Payplan, also there is none of this keeping the first couple of months payments business (I have heard that some of the commission / profit making outfits have been known get up to these sort of games:)

Oooh and then there is this 'flipping' I sometimes hear about, I came across one of those yesterday

There are other issues though, oh yes.

Once again these are just my opinions:)

Hi Sequenci

You do occasionally read about how some of the profit making fee chargers 'claim' to work harder at freezing the interest & charges on Debt Management Plans, not sure myself if their success rate is higher or lower than CCCS & Payplan as I have never seen any official figures. To be honest in my opinion it is probably just another marketing tactic they employ and when you think about it taking the first couple of months payments not going to creditors or the like into account (if this is the case) and the regular monthly charges then they have to try to justify some advantages over CCCS & Payplan, just work out the figures on say a £400 per month Debt Manangement Plan with a fee charger.

People make up their own minds though at the end of the day.

Edited by Wintry

I always find the problem that with fee charging, non- fee chargers like payplan and charities like CCCS, it is always in their best interests to keep you in debt longer.

The whole thing stinks, so if you can you are better managing your own DMP.

If you should really be going down the IVA or trust deed route, or even any other formal debt solution, then only then would I get one of these organisations involved.

I have actually sat with a fee charging DMC with a relative and as soon as it was ascertained that bankruptcy was the only option, they handed her the LILA form and couldnt get us out the door quickly enough as there was no money in it for them.

Have also been recommended by a charity to go into a trust deed, when it was definetly not the best option.

So really, i think they all have a vested interest on the best option for themselves.

Just my opinion, but your better going it alone if you can ;)

I am not a qualified Debt Advisor, nor am I in a position to give Legal Advice. Any information I give is based on personal experience. You take full responsibility for acting on any advice or opinion I give.

To Date, I have written off almost £60,000 of Debt, through fighting Unenforceable Credit Agreements, negotiating affordable repayments and freezing interest and charges, and winning two cases after being taken to Court!

My biggest scalps are Halifax, British Gas, a well-known unscrupulous Solicitors Firm based in Scotland (which I cannot name for legal reasons!), Walker Love and Welcome Finance. If you require any help with any of these firms, I will be only too happy to put my tuppence worth in!