• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

County Court Claim Form Sigma

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What exactly is the split Marsh?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think as per the recent bunch of summons, this is an Overdraft.Do you recall an overdraft with HSBC or even Midland going further back?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Have you retained any paperwork/ statements?

Ok you need information to verify what's happening here.I understand you have prepared a CPR 31.14, that may only reveal the Notice of Assignment.There is no agreement on a O/D nor is there a Default Notice.You have until July to submit a defence and as a such I think a CPR 18 request may be prudent to ascertain information.I.E copies of Facility and Notice 76 (1) 98(1)recall and termination.

Statements would be beneficial to verify any unfair charges and interest with the prospect of a Part 20 counter claim but time is restricted here, as such you could also request vis a CPR 18 a breakdown to how the figure has been arrived at.

Regards

Andy

Many thanks Andy, apologies once again for my ignorance but I assume i send the CPR18 alongside CPR 31.14?

Correct post up your draft to be checked.

Andy

I found this basic CPR 18 template on another thread. Is it something along thse lines Andy? Also in my CPR31.14 I requested termination notice and default notice, shall I now omit these from 31.14? No and add Notice of Assignment and amend Default Notice to " Notice served under sections 76 (1) and 98(1)

My head is spinning I hope I am not coming over really stupid, apologies if I am.

IN THE XXXXXXXXX

county courtlink3.gif CLAIM NO:

BETWEEN:

XXXXXXXXXX

Claimant

and

XXXXXXXXXXX

Defendant

_________________________ _________________________ ___________________

PART 18 REQUEST FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

_________________________ _________________________ ___________________

To: Sigma SPV

Please furnish me with the following documents/ information:

1. A copy or explanation of the Credit Facility arrangement and T&Cs and Notice 76 (1) 98(1)recall and termination

2. A breakdown of all figures involved in your claim and documents proving evidence of this breakdown.

TAKE NOTICE THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ANSWER THE ABOVE REQUEST WITHIN 14 DAYS OF SERVICE OF THE SAME UPON YOU

Failure to respond will be followed by an application to seek your compliance.

Andy

Andy, the particulars of claim are in the first post, they are after part monies, and claiming interest of 0.7p per day, without stating what the amount is.

This is typical behaviour from a company which knows it has a load of near statute barred debt trying to get the clock restarted buy claiming via court, I believe Aktiv tried this about a year ago and there may be others in the banking forum which have had the same.

Thats fine SG I have seen the SoC hence the CPR 18.

Andy

Just one slight amendment above and will 14 days be time Marshmallows for your defence?

Andy

9th July, no should be suffice.

Andy

They go to the Sols named on the summons.

Hi and welcome to CAG

If you could start your own thread on this matter so not to complicate Marshmallows.You will receive updates from this thread as you are now subscribed.

Regards

Andy

33 days from the service date on the summons, but you can check it if you ring Northampton.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marshmallows,

A little late now really to do anything with regards to the none compliance on CPR,s.However you use this as an advantage in your defence and still even have time to make application to force compliance re the CPR 18 (post defence) pre AQ.

I will be in and out of your thread as the date approaches and we can draft something suitably appropriate:wink:

Regards

Andy

• Haha 1

Hi MM

You need to check with Northampton and report the fault, what date is your defence due?

Regards

Andy

You have not submitted a defence as yet you mean the AoS? Is there a reason its not showing the status on MCOL?

Correct MM

And if there are problems submitting MCOL you need a plan B to enable that submission on time (IF submission will be hardcopy).

Regards

Andy

Just bring your S.o.C forward MM

The particulars of Claim State:

"Part only of monies due under regulated Credit Agreement no. XX between HSBC and the defendant, the benefit of which was assigned to the claimant on 21/12/11.

The Agreement was terminated upon the defence failure to comply with the terms of the agreement and or the statutory notice of default served by HSBC Bank plc.

The claimant seeks interest pursuant to section 69 of the CCA 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of issue continuing at the daily rate of 0.07"

Bringing it from page 1 to page 4 for easy reference because your defence is imminent:-D

Hi MM

If you bear with me and not rush this as we do have time to draft a far shorter and more suitable defence for you and BH to submit.

Regards

Andy

Here is a proposed defence MM should you wish to use it.

"Part only of monies due under regulated Credit Agreement no. XX between HSBC and the defendant, the benefit of which was assigned to the claimant on 21/12/11.

The Agreement was terminated upon the defendant’s failure to comply with the terms of the agreement and or the statutory notice of default served by HSBC Bank plc.

The claimant seeks interest pursuant to section 69 of the CCA 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of issue continuing at the daily rate of 0.07"

DEFENCE

1. Paragraph 1 is nether admitted or denied with regards to the Defendant entering in to an Agreement referred to in the Particulars of Claim ('the Agreement') the Claimant has yet to disclose any Agreement. Furthermore any claim for partial monies is averred Contrary to s35 of the county court Act 1984 s35 Division of causes of action.

2. Paragraph 2 is noted with regards to termination of the alleged contractual Agreement , the Defendant has no knowledge, therefore the Claimant is placed to strict proof there of.

3. Paragraph 1 is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

6. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Regards

Andy

No need that's consequential you only refute what they plead.CPR etc comes at AQ.Check with Northampton either MCOL if OK or email/fax.

Regards

Andy

Just a quick one, aq, what does it mean please.

AQ= Allocation Questionnaire

MM it made be advantageous to read the new Sticky .... The Process of Litigation http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?356814-The-Process-of-Litigation-Court-Claims(5-Viewing)-nbsp

You will need to add an header and SoT MM if by Email.

Andy

In the ......... county court

Claim No. ...

Dated ……… 20…

Claimant XXXXXXXXXX

and

Defendant XXXXXXXXXX

Then Defence

Then finish

Statement of Truth

I believe that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signature

Dated