Me vs Student Loan Company

claimitall
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a default notice from Westcot who have taken over i off my Student loans. I have now written to them using Alanfromderby's excellent CCA letter template and they are now both in default and have commited an offence under the CCA regs by not providing the info within 1 month. They have written saying they have suspended payments while they investigate. I will just sit on my hands with this one.

I have a number of other loans with SLC which have never been chased by them but low and behold now i am in communication with Westcot i have a letter from SLC saying i now owe them money. The most recent loan was taken in 1998, 8 years ago, and SLC have never approached me for repayment until July this year when Westcot got involved.

Can anyone offer any advice on statute of limitations with these loans.

Cheers

Lloyds TSB £395 Decree awarded against TSB

HBOS £750 setted in full

IF £750 Small Claim filed 26/10 - won unconditionally

Barclaycard £110 + Data Protection Act Non compliance Information Commissioners Office complaint. Small Claim filed 12/10 - Won unconditionally

HBOS2 £750 small claim settled in full

MSDW £115 Settled- accepted Full amount unconditionally

HBOS3 £750 Settled in full

HBOS4 £750 Small claim filed for return 15/1/07 No defence filed Decree issued by court

Clydesdale Bank Credit Card £496 small Claim filed 25/10 Court hearing 19/1/07 - continued for 2 weeks

Mrs Claimital's M&S Card £60 LBA sent 12.10 - Full refund & interest accepted by Mrs Claimitall

I am in a somewhat similar situation to yourself.

From what I can gather, If you took out your loans before 1998 then they are regulated under the CCA.

Although I can not find any hard evidence of this....yet!.

Did you defer payment?

I dont think there is a limitation on student loans.

I was chased by Smith and Lawson DCA (part of the SLC), and then, Legal and Trade after the SLC "claimed" to have not received my deferment forms despite having sent them three applications all on different occasions.

It is my belief, in my case, that this is some kind of "method" thay are employing to enable them to default, and attempt collection of the outstanding loans.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry mate didn't show that figure just giving the information thats there so people are aware that chances are thay will take it to court unless thayre seriously in the wrong

Advice please guys...

I know as the lady told me on the phone on Friday that I have been had for a couple of hundred quid in charges on my Student loans (both pre 98). Confess all for missed payments.. naughty naughty!

They are going to send me a statement of the charges paid on the accounts....

On receiveing this do I then follow the standard process as per recovering of bank charges or am I opening a whole new can of wormies???

My instict is to follow the standard bank charges route?

Help!!!

Hello mrpennyless!

Yes, jut follow the standard proceedure and you will be fine.

When you get your charges, set the info out in the form of a table:

Date of charge-Reason for charge-Amount-Interest @8% compounded

Use this to work out the compounded interest-

Add the charges+interest together and this figure will be the amount of your tell them you want back.

When they've told you to naff off, dont bother arguing, just start your Small Claim.

At this stage calculate a further 8% on each claim from the date it was debited, add all these figures up and claim this as your County Court interest, along with your court fee.

PM me if you me any help. Good idea to start your own thread so advice doesnt become confused.

Ignore mpul's "advice"- its probably a SLC troll.