• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CCA non comp - gargoil v DL&C

gargoil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just removal of default first then I will look and see what they do.

• Confused 1

If my posts have helped you please use the scales at the top of my posts :)

Any opinions from Jannercobbler are strictly my own and I have no affiliation with any group or services.

The two most beautiful words in the English Language are "Cheque Enclosed" - Dorothy Parker

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/399-abbey-letter-sent.html

Me v Abbey - £3000 + Int + Costs + Credit File Cleaned.

LBA Sent 12/3/06

Court Claim started - 31/5/2006

Allocation Questionnaire Filed - 24/7/06

Court Date allocated 31/10/2006

Me v Citi-Cards - CCA Sent 27/07/06

Me v Citi-Cards - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Capital One - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - CCA Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - DPA Sent 03/08/06

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you also CCA'd the original creditor? As I did them both at the same time and they have both failed to comply with the request. therefore as far as I can see this alleged debt is dead and buried now as they have nowhere to go and hide. :)

Any opinions from Jannercobbler are strictly my own and I have no affiliation with any group or services.

The two most beautiful words in the English Language are "Cheque Enclosed" - Dorothy Parker

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/399-abbey-letter-sent.html

LBA Sent 12/3/06

I haven'tt CCA'd the original creditor, if the debt has been sold onto another company are they still liable to provide the original agreement?

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !

Hillesden could sell the debt back to the original creditor, the information that Hillesden has sent me shows that they are still in contact with the original creditor in my case.

It may be worth the extra £1 just to be safe. ;)

LBA Sent 12/3/06

what happens if DL & C write back and say the original creditors cannot locate the agreemnet and they acknowledge that it can't be claimed thru the courts but still £*** is outstanding? now i know that far more than balance has been paid in charges...

I don't see what the point of them doing that would be so will worry about it if it happens. I think they are more likely to send through something like an unsigned agreement or a terms& conditions brochure or have some other piffly excuse.

Anyway DPA SAR drafted up to be poste dout to them tomorrow as I'm feeling a bit mor econfident about this now after doing some reading and may just try and get th emoney paid back from them! :)

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

i'm just happy to let mine to die, if the original creditor comes back then I will ask for charges back, but at the moment I haven't paid them anything :)

The way I see it is that they will have a tough time convincing a judge that they are correct and should be allowed to collect it especially when there are penalty charges on the account.

LBA Sent 12/3/06

Hi Gargoil,

I have now received the same letter with the bullet points. I am following this thread with interest

Nona x

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Great reading folks........

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

Well just checked my Credit File and all DLC have done is put an account query marker on it.

I guess thats their way of suppressing the entry??? Well it's not good enough they have a few days left to remove it or it's TS and Court.

LBA Sent 12/3/06

Received dpa sar info in today. No charges on account. They have enclosed a complete printout of all computer logs/files..

The last entry is.......

*******PLEASE STOP ALL ACTIVITY ON ACC PENDING DOCUMENTATION FROM CLIENT**********

BOS

Hi gargoil

i received exactly same yesterday! no agreement or letters or anything. Looks like they don't have any of the relevant paperwork! All i got was the computer print out and a list of payments from may 2001. i've been advised also to send SAR to mbna (original agreement) so will try that as well.

Will keep you posted

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I've already DPA SAR'd th eoriginal creditor. I think th ebest thing for me to do now is send them a s10/12 notice. Do you guys think this would be useful? I haven't as yet cca'd the original creditor but will probably do so soon.

BOS

Anyway Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) drafted up to be poste dout to them tomorrow as I'm feeling a bit mor econfident about this now after doing some reading and may just try and get th emoney paid back from them! :)

Any chance of having a look at what you sent to them as I’m getting stuck on contents of the S.A.R

Just got a letter from Hillesden today, stating that Mr Locke is on holiday until 30th October and will deal with my request after that...

Well I hope he enjoys his Holiday and I also hope he will enjoy the surprise waiting for him on his return ;)

LBA Sent 12/3/06

Just got a letter from Hillesden today, stating that Mr Locke is on holiday until 30th October and will deal with my request after that...

I got one of those today too!

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!

I got 2. One addressed to me and one addressed to Mr J S Craik.

Are you on here Mr Craik? PM me if you are.

Imagine now would be a good time for us all to fire in court papers in Mr Lockes absence!

;)

BOS

Imagine now would be a good time for us all to fire in court papers in Mr Lockes absence!

Not sure. I think I will press on with my complaints to TS and the like but I want to show a court how reasonable i've been.

What really annoys me is the fact that they've had my request for two months and they've already acknowledged it at the begining of Septemebr. This letter is obviously a stalling tactic. What's the point in acknowledging it again?

Why does he think i'll give him even more time just 'cos he's off on his jollies?

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

This letter is obviously a stalling tactic. What's the point in acknowledging it again?

Why does he think i'll give him even more time just 'cos he's off on his jollies?

My thoughts exactly Jim, Time for TS i think at least he will have a present for when he comes back :)

May send a Postcard

Dear Mr Locke

Your Letter arrived safely,

Weathers not that Good here, apparently the forecast is going to be Bleak for the forseeable future.

However you will be happy to know that I am having a wonderful time,

I wish you were here,

However, in your absence I have decided to continued without you!!!

Speak soon

Paul

LBA Sent 12/3/06

Anyone got any complaints if I include this in my reply:-

"I'm also aware that you have sent identical letters to other correspondents with the similar issues, suggesting that, rather than being an over-sight, this flagrant breach of statute is standard practice"

Reply to be sent today.

I am in receipt of the letter signed on behalf of A E Locke, dated 16th October 2006.

You are reminded that acknowledgement of my request was made in your letter dated 5th September 2006. A further acknowledgement, some six weeks later is an unnecessary delaying tactic on the behalf of Direct Legal & Collections.

The request for more time as your data controller is away on holiday is, frankly, ludicrous. Your company has repeatedly ignored my requests under statute since 21st August 2006. Were there any intention of complying with my request Mr./Ms. Locke had ample time in the eight weeks prior.

Further, I am aware that you have sent identical letters requesting more time to several other correspondents, suggesting that, rather than my case being an isolated over-sight, these flagrant breaches of statute are standard practice for Direct Legal & Collections.

Under the circumstances and to prevent unnecessary cost to either party, I am prepared to delay legal action until 6th November 2006. However, I have today submitted a complaint to Trading Standards, The Financial Services AUthority and The ICO.

Please be aware, this is my final correspondence on the matter. If you do not respond or do not respond positively before 6th November 2006, I will commence legal action without further notice.

Yours Sincerely

NIce one! Was going to start my own action on this shortly but have had no time to prepare due to work unfortunately, may leave it for a few weeks!!

BOS

Any of you guys going up against DL&C got any updates?

BOS

Nope.

Had a call from TS yesterday but I was out. Tried calling him today but he's been on voicemail all day.

Tomorrow maybe?