Mortgage ppi question - sunlife of canada now owned by the portman Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

after being missold ppi on my 5 last loans with loyds, currently going through at the moment fingers crossed,

i was wondering if i could claim my miss sold mortgage protection that i have on my previous mortgages, with sun lift of canaida.

i did sar them the same time as i did lloyds but they fobbed me off with the sar and sent back my cheque and even said in the letter that they never sold any ppi, very strange i was with them for many years and had protection on my mortgage.

thank you

MPPI is standard PPI.

However some mortgage protection policies are life insurance.

So it depends on what type of policy you had really.

Was this a single premium policy which was added to your mortgage at the start or was it a separate monthly payment made to another party?

ims

hi

im not really sure it wasnt a one off lump sum, dont think it was to other parties i had the same financial advisor from sun life arrange the loans every time had everything with them pensions, life cover, and ppi im sure it was with them.

i cant really remember, i will try and find the letter from what i remember said said something like this.....

dear sir

we didnt sell ppi here is your cheque now bugger off and dont even think about it.

yours sunlife

edit 5 mins later,

just found the letter, they are asking for id to proof of identity, and on the bottom line a note saying....

PLEASE NOTE, if your request is for the purpose of making a complaint regarding ppi sun life have never sold ppi policies

i find that really strange because the advisor was from sunlife ?

Edited by jondanbob